Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredible! Wawrinka in just a week seems to have managed to change his second serve returns and has praticed on actually hitting it.
To all the naysayers that said it was too late to retool his arsenal stan is intent on improving this late.
go on Stan go on!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He doesn't need time to hit the ball. I always said it was nonsense to insinuate he wouldn't do well because he needed a big setup motion which was wrong. He uses his feet to adjust the hitting zone if he has more time he hangs on the trigger simple.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
If Sousa can't cope with Wawrinka then who can? The rest may as well just go home.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
Commendable commitment to making a thread about every embarrassing thought that comes to your mind.

Reactions: -Evita-

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I knew Wawrinka was the huge favorite to win Wimbledon after he returned on that first return point of the match. No doubt in my mind

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The good news for me is that I have never had egg on my face making a bad prediction. I have a 100 percent prediction record and stan is really hitting the return and I said before if he does it he will go far

·
Administrator
18,621 Posts
Anyone see a difference in his return other than delusional OP?
I'm not totally agreeing with OP, but there is an obvious improvement. Watch him against Anderson and Kyrgios at Queens. All his returns land on the service line. Yesterday they were going closer to baseline.

You should actually watch the game rather than just the players all of you :devil:

Great spot, but please he has six matches to go back to normal. In the 3rd set he got nervous and returns were very short again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts