Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this guy.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/33150858

Second seed Wawrinka had earlier impressed in his first match since winning at Roland Garros, needing just 49 minutes to see off Kyrgios, last year's Wimbledon quarter-finalist. The Swiss goes on to face big-serving South African Kevin Anderson in the second round of the Wimbledon warm-up event.

Kyrgios said afterwards that he had been "sick for the last week", adding: "I just felt uncomfortable the whole time.
"He hit the ball massive, free swinging out there. I almost found it difficult to get myself engaged and didn't want to be there."

Wawrinka responded: "It doesn't really surprise me. When I read his interviews, it's always funny, a lot of things you can take.
"When I read before the match, he was ready, excited for the challenge, and now he is sick.
"So I'm just saying he's saying a lot of things, and I think it's always interesting as a player to read what he's saying and how his mind is working."

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
:lol: I love Stan's candor in interviews. :D

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Satan :yeah:

Reactions: Phenomenadal

·
23,532 Posts
I would say it's a bit of a backhanded comment as Kyrgios could've gotten sick hours before, but Kyrgios did say "sick for the last week", which kinda beats Kyrgios' comments of being ready, although maybe it is just a way to pump himself up.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say it's a bit of a backhanded comment as Kyrgios could've gotten sick hours before, but Kyrgios did say "sick for the last week", which kinda beats Kyrgios' comments of being ready, although maybe it is just a way to pump himself up.
You probably like the guy then.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Federer-Fan delusional as usual. :yeah:

GRASSRINKA UNSTOPPABLE IN THIS FORM.

I think anyone interested in getting on Wawrinka for Wimbledon should do it now. The longer he goes on winning those odds will shrink. I have a score on him at 13.00 which is juicy, when you consider what he has just done to Federer and Djokovic, even if it was clay.

·
23,532 Posts
You probably like the guy then.
I like both, but saying that he was sick for a week after saying he was ready the days before, is kind of like a bad PR switcheroo, but all in all I guess it just improves with age (although he's not exactly a kid anymore).

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like both, but saying that he was sick for a week after saying he was ready the days before, is kind of like a bad PR switcheroo, but all in all I guess it just improves with age (although he's not exactly a kid anymore).
Yeah. He is obviously a good prospect with a lot of talent but his behavior on and off the court is definitely questionable, to say the least.

I so would root for a a new champion with old school values...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Kyrgios has been outplayed today and he seems not to accept it. He acted like a tool during the whole match with his "Get me off this court ASAP".

The so-called sickness is just an excuse so obviously Stan is right.

·
Registered
596 Posts
49 mins?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts