Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beating all the other top players, and also undefeated when healthy in 2014.

Bald is tanking all over the place to avoid him.
Egg is on the decline.
Federer is old.

There can only be one real world #1 right now. The question is how many slams he will win this year? My money is on 3. He will donate Wimbledon to Federer.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don't about other but Bald is hiding face...:lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Wawrinka is playing like #1. Results and the race does not lie. Sure, he will probably come back to earth but right now he is #1

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Wawrinka is the favourite for the calendar slam.
Undefeated in 2014 in tournaments where he received a walkover.

A true legend.

GOATwrinka :worship:

·
23,063 Posts
To tell the truth I can't see why he can't try for this year -- already one Masters right now and if he goes deep in RG and other Masters he might have an improbable #1 spot for a few weeks with tight points between him, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
To tell the truth I can't see why he can't try for this year -- already one Masters right now and if he goes deep in RG and other Masters he might have an improbable #1 spot for a few weeks with tight points between him, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer.
With Nadal needing a shrink's help to continue performing and Nole having a bad wrist, let's not forget Delpo is out, Wawrinka has every chance to reach #1 for a few weeks. But he needs to stay consistent and win. I still want to see him beat Nole and Nadal at least one more time this year.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
With Nadal needing a shrink's help to continue performing and Nole having a bad wrist, let's not forget Delpo is out, Wawrinka has every chance to reach #1 for a few weeks. But he needs to stay consistent and win. I still want to see him beat Nole and Nadal at least one more time this year.
when exactly do you imagine Wawrinka will have that chance? unfortunately for him BOTH Nadal and DJokovic currently hold over 10,000 + points and both are defending a lot at totally different parts of the calendar.
if Nadal fails to defend his clay season and drops low that's one thing, but Djokovic is defending the majority of his points wayyyyy in the Fall
hate to say it but Stan will probably never have a chance unless somehow he wins another slam and master or the other top few guys drop off the map for some strange reason

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
when exactly do you imagine Wawrinka will have that chance? unfortunately for him BOTH Nadal and DJokovic currently hold over 10,000 + points and both are defending a lot at totally different parts of the calendar.
if Nadal fails to defend his clay season and drops low that's one thing, but Djokovic is defending the majority of his points wayyyyy in the Fall
hate to say it but Stan will probably never have a chance unless somehow he wins another slam and master or the other top few guys drop off the map for some strange reason
Well, let's just say he is never going to get a better chance than this. It's still slim, don't get me wrong. It really comes down to Rafa and Nole. Rafa says he has confidence issues but he still wins lots of matches. Nole has wrist issues but still wins more matches than Wawrinka. It's going to be tough. Stan can easily finish #3 this year though, which is not bad at all

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
He's leading the race, yes.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Wawrinka is the favourite for the calendar slam.
Undefeated in 2014 in tournaments where he received a walkover.

A true legend.

GOATwrinka :worship:
You're being sarcastic, but Stan is the only player with a theoretical chance to win the CYGS, so he is indeed the favourite. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stan is playing fine tennis but a few good months doesn't make a real #1. He is making things far more interesting on the tour. The FO will be the first slam where he faces real pressure as a favorite. Can't wait to see his reaction.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts