Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2-time Grand Slam champion has to play on Court 1 because Center Court is reserved for a match between Dimitrov and Gasquet, 2 failed prospects? But any problem cannot be found, no?

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
inb4 Andrew Castle draw fixing

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Both Dimitrov and Gasquet are better and more accomplished grass courters than Wawrinka. :shrug:

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
2 former Wimbledon semifinalists vs. 2 former Wimbledon quarterfinalists :shrug:

Wawrinka already played on centre court for one of his earlier matches I think, Dimitrov is only 11th seed but with his results last year (Queens title, SF here with a very high profile win in the QF) and the push to make him a celebrity he is well known enough for them to count him as a top seed that deserves a rotation on centre court, and Dimitrov vs. Gasquet is a good matchup that's not too NID.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Dimitrov vs Gasquet is centre court material.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
A 2-time Grand Slam champion has to play on Court 1 because Center Court is reserved for a match between Dimitrov and Gasquet, 2 failed prospects? But any problem cannot be found, no?
So? Didn't a 7-time Wimbledon Champion have to play on Court 2 (and by that time wasn't Pete also a 13-time GS Champion)?

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Stan already played on Centre once, so I don't have a problem with it. Besides, he likes flying a little under the radar. :)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Both Dimitrov and Gasquet are better and more accomplished grass courters than Wawrinka. :shrug:

While I agree that the match between them is more worthy of the center court, no, they are not in any way better grass courters than Wawrinka. Put the past accomplishments aside, at this moment no one sane can deny he's above them.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
While I agree that the match between them is more worthy of the center court, no, they are not in any way better grass courters than Wawrinka. Put the past accomplishments aside, at this moment no one sane can deny he's above them.
This is more about Fiasco, not Wawrinka.

·
Registered
668 Posts
If this upsets you then just wait until Monday when he plays on court 2 :rolls:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts