Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:facepalm:

I agree that Federer-Simon should be in court 1 but Murray-Pospisil over Wawrinka-Gasquet :smash:

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Thought they would have Murray (and therefore Fed) play 2nd. Would have preferred Stan to be earlier :lol:

This isn't really that surprising though

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Wawrinka vs. Gasquet was always going to be on C1. The 2nd CC match was always going to be between Fed and Djoker.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I guess AELTC realized they went way too far with shenanigans today and yesterday and scheduled No1e second on CC as they should.

I guess they still hope he will be affected by today's extra pressure and play. Hopefully they will be proven wrong.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
What is OP talking about? Wawa - Gasquet was obviously ending up at Court 1.

And I think they feel Djoker deserved CC after playing two days in a row. (Not their fault tho - needing 5 sets to beat Anderson lul)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
:facepalm:

I agree that Federer-Simon should be in court 1 but Murray-Pospisil over Wawrinka-Gasquet :smash:
I don't agree with it, but Murray's British, of course he's going to get the slot on Centre.

Should have been Wawrinka - Gasquet and Djokovic - Cilic in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Wimbledon QF scheduling since 2009 :
2009 - Federer vs. Karlovic and Murray vs. Ferrero on CC (different halves)
2010 - Federer vs. Berdych and Murray vs. Tsonga on CC (different halves)
2011 - Federer vs. Tsonga and Murray vs. Lopez on CC (different halves)
2012 - Federer vs. Youzhny and Murray vs. Ferrer on CC (different halves)
2013 - del Potro vs. Ferrer and Murray vs. Verdasco on CC (different halves)
2014 - Murray vs. Dimitrov and Federer vs. Wawrinka on CC (different halves)

One of Federer and Murray was always going to play on CC tomorrow and since Federer played every match on CC so far, it's normal Murray got CC. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Unless I'm wrong about 2007, it's the first time Djokovic will play a Wimbledon QF on Centre Court although that's his 8th QF there.

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
I really don't get why anyone makes a big deal out of this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any player having to play on court 1.

How on earth would these tards have coped when defending champions were sent out to court2?

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Not a surprise for me, because I thought that the halves play at the same time, so one QF from a half will play on CC and the other QF from that half will play on Court 1? Given that Djokovic's 4R was on Court 1, he was never going anywhere but Centre for his QF.

Stan was on Centre for his 1R match. Sure, he probably deserved to be on Centre more, but eh, it's not like Court 1 is some massive huge punishment. He hasn't been off Court 1 either, so he's quite used to it by now. :) As a Stan fan, I'm not bothered.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Wimbledon QF scheduling since 2009 :
2009 - Federer vs. Karlovic and Murray vs. Ferrero on CC (different halves)
2010 - Federer vs. Berdych and Murray vs. Tsonga on CC (different halves)
2011 - Federer vs. Tsonga and Murray vs. Lopez on CC (different halves)
2012 - Federer vs. Youzhny and Murray vs. Ferrer on CC (different halves)
2013 - del Potro vs. Ferrer and Murray vs. Verdasco on CC (different halves)
2014 - Murray vs. Dimitrov and Federer vs. Wawrinka on CC (different halves)

One of Federer and Murray was always going to play on CC tomorrow and since Federer played every match on CC so far, it's normal Murray got CC. :shrug:
So this is the first time since before then (other than the time Federer didn't make it) that Murray and Federer won't both be playing their QFs there.

Also Federer vs. Ancic and Murray vs Nadal were Centre Court QF matches in 2008 I believe, so it is the same since 2008.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts

Stan was on Centre for his 1R match. Sure, he probably deserved to be on Centre more, but eh, it's not like Court 1 is some massive huge punishment. He hasn't been off Court 1 either, so he's quite used to it by now. :) As a Stan fan, I'm not bothered.
Also, if Stan' match couldn't be finished because of the rain or darkness, they should move them to CC without a moronic postponement as with Djok/Ander, even if it would take an empty stands to make the sleepy residents happy.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Wawrinka - Gasquet is the match I am most looking forward to tomorrow but it was always going to be on Court 1. Anywone who thinks they wouldn't put Murray on Centre Court is clueless. The same decision would be made for the last remaining Frenchman at RG, Australian at the AO and American at the US Open. They will always put their home players on the biggest court in the later stages of a GS. It would be crazy to do otherwise and I say that as someone who has zero interest in Murray's match tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
They had to give Djokovic the later match, and back on Centre Court. Wawrinka-Gasquet might be a great match, but neither are serious contenders for Centre Court, so between Federer and Murray. The Fed-Simon match should be closer, but Murray is the home player.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts