1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grassrinka into R3 for the first time since 2009

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicely done, but I think Istomin will take him out next round
Yeah, probably. Istomin is a surprisingly good grass court player, and Lu basically handed it to Stan today - the Swiss was hardly better out there than he was against GarciaLopez at RG.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Still not convinced he can go much further but hopefully he will prove me wrong.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
lu :hug: at least he got a set

·
23,063 Posts
What I am very pleased on this match is that Stan didn't give up and did something he rarely did lately which is winning ugly. He seems to be restrained at first, seeing that Lu might have a chance against him. Controlled a little bit although Lu was absorbing them. The problem is as the match goes on his 1st serve was not for him there, and he was spraying errors. However, Lu was also awkward on serve and gave Stan some chance. Had an early lead of *5-1 I think in the 1st Set TB but with the help of some clutch play from Stan and untimely bad shots from Lu made him lose the opportunity. Stan got a little looser in the 2nd Set, but after that he still can't find his range and Lu improved to get the 3rd. Stan tried to make himself fight for it and almost got breaks but eventually found his way in the 5-5* game. Served it out but quite uncomfortably (did have that bad volley). Hope he reaches the 4th Round here and as much as possible at least the QF even though the chances are a little slim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts