·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Re: Washington SF: Nishikori def. Cilic 3-6 6-1 6-4

Slow start for Nishikori but then pretty much owned Cilic on the return, beautiful tennis from the world number 4.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
that's why Cilic is the GOAT. in first set proves to world and himself that he can not be beaten and then in spirit of fair play allows poor guy to have little happiness.

that first pumps :spit: ffs he can't even do that like real man :rolls:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Samonsuke wtf is you re problem with how anybody fistpumps?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's why Cilic is the GOAT. in first set proves to world and himself that he can not be beaten and then in spirit of fair play allows poor guy to have little happiness.
:unsure:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Mr library .. I like kei but just because he beat cilic that doesn t mean he is better than stan ...stan will whoop his ass on the first ocasion like australian open if he s in form

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
people here making fun of berdych and his 99% matches lost to good players. say whatever you want about Tomas but at least he has that much dignity to not permanently ruin tennis with slam win, unlike Cilic.

i bet daddy and co. already had my yesterday's quotes ready but then MC decides to take it in his own hands and they had to return in their shelters for next zillion years :awww:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Marin :sad: played awful after the first set while Kei rose his level. Cilic had his chances in the third but too many silly UEs and his serve let him down. Also waisted BPs in the second just and then was close to eat a bagel :lol:. Some neat winners from Kei in the third, he was the most consistent player today.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,918 Posts
Sweet revenge, I was on the edge of my seat that first set. Kei was unsettled and broke himself early, missing a lot of BHs and Cilic cruised through lead. Second set Kei got early break with better returns and Cilic started to give Kei lots of chances to dictate in rallies and couldn't keep up the pace. Cilic did well to avoid a bagel as Kei had SP, but still went down an early lead to Kei in 3rd set. He did break back with Kei's help (DFs) but promptly was broken so Kei served it out.

I'm glad to see Kei manage a comeback. I hope the MTO was not too serious. I know people will go on about it but probably a precaution for the thigh, had a massage(not hamstring this time). He needs to be healthy, Rogers Cup is a great draw for points gathering.

I've started to get an appreciation for Cilic's game, with big FH and decent serve, ok movement for his size, but there are some big limitations against good defensive players. For one he hit probably 3 FH winners the whole match, and more BH winners (which should be the other way round) and his volleying skills were pretty terrible.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
people here making fun of berdych and his 99% matches lost to good players. say whatever you want about Tomas but at least he has that much dignity to not permanently ruin tennis with slam win, unlike Cilic.

i bet daddy and co. already have my yesterday's quotes ready but then MC decides to take it in his own hands and they had to return in their shelters for next zillion years :awww:
:superlol: great post and spot on.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Kei, thank you for taking disgusting trash out :)

Cilic played better in 1st set, but Kei was way below average there. Once Kei found his baseline game it was over for Cilic. Still not the prettiest win... Hope nothing is wrong with left thigh, getting serious injury before his best part of the season would be horrible.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts