Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
28,451 Posts
Did not expect that.

So excited for tomorrow, I remember the days where it seemed like we had one player in the top 500. Only a few years ago.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I'm surprised Pospisil managed to hang on, even against this Gasquet. That racquet smash on his knees was amusing.

Gasquet was serving pretty well by his standards, just couldn't create much from the baseline. Backhand crumbled towards the end and that was that.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Excellent match from Pospisil. Hope he won't fold to Botnic tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Gasquet's tactics continue to baffle me more and more every time I see him play. How has nobody told him what he's doing is wrong for him? Maybe they have, and he's stubborn. He doesn't have the mobility or firepower to stand that far back behind the baseline and create offense from there.

On the other hand, happy for Vasek.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Canadians peaking for the Canadian masters :sport: I hated Pospisil's effort against Tomic in Bogota the only logical explanation for it was that he had some injury. Amazing comeback from him in the final set but he shouldn't have to come back from that deficit in the first place. Anyway he still has the mental lapses what makes the difference in his good runs is that he manages to overcome them.
Gasquet... :bigwave:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Keep going Vasek! Save your country from that ignominious distinction of having Ralph Wiggum as its #1!

Seriously though, great display, all court tennis, twenty more winners, amazing grit to come back in the last set, just class all around from Popsicle. :worship:

·
Registered
441 Posts
That comeback from 0-3 was remarkable, also got the job done in the end without trouble.

Keep up the good work Vashy! :yeah:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
I just hope Vasek doesn't turn into another one of those doubles specilists :p

Awesome from Vasek, he's had a really really tough year ignoring the Wimbledon doubles final. Now with this he gets 300 points just as he needs them, he loves this time of year. Hopefully he can get 200 more tomorrow and continue this form into...well the rest of his career.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts