Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interestingly, they've never play against each other nor together in doubles on ATP level and ITF circuit.

Tsitsipas wasn't at his best against Donaldson, where luckily he defended two MPs, but then he didn't even lose one service game against Duckworth and Goffin.

Zverev is pretty bad in Grand Slams, but his results after Indian Wells were amazing: F Miami, SF Monte Carlo, W Munich, W Madrid, F Rome. If he beats Tsitsipas, he will probably win this whole tournament, so that would be next great achievement for 21yo in last months.

Tsitsipas has issues against strong hitters and his ROS is very often not good enough against strong serves, but on the other hand he can be also very efficient with his own serve. More importantly, he is versatile in his game and he can use drop shots effectively and his BH DTL is very impressive, so I hope he will be uncomfortable opponent for Sascha, and those CC BH rallies won't be terrifying for him.

16 months of difference between them is a lot in this age, so I don't expect from Tsitsipas to get anything more than one set. Some interesting entertaining match - that's more likely.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I think this might be a bit similar to Zverev-Shavopalov match up. Zverev is more mature, has much better ROS and his consistent deep hitting should trouble the Greek too much to pose a threat to him.

I'd be really glad to be proven wrong though, because Tsitsipas is really great to watch.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Really tough for me to see Tsitsipas winning. Think the surface is favouring Zverev massively, his serve + return combo will be almost impossible to beat for an average returner like Tsitsipas. Also think his serve is quite overrated, not as good as it could be for a 1,93 m player.

That said, slow clay is probably the surface where I'd fancy Tsitsipas' chances in this match-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts