Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship: Great for humanity when Gasquet loses. Tennis, humanity, and the rest of the life forms in the universe all win. Sock is the man. :bowdown:

Reactions: Abel

·
Registered
235 Posts
Gasquet at his worst. 15 feet behind the baseline, chipping backhands crosscourt, allowing Sock to just park himself in his ad corner and hit forehands. A player of Gasquet's skill should be able to easily find and exploit Sock's backhand.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
This was a high quality match that could have gone either way, but Gasquet choked his best chance in the second set. Sock hit about 50 winners, amazing forehand

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
It was the doubles faults killing Richard today, in that horrible game at 4*-3 in the 2nd set and in the breaker of the 2nd set, without them he would be relaxing in the locker room. He was also unlucky with some close calls, but he should have won this in straight sets.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
major choke from Gasquet, I believe he was on serve with a break to win the second set. yikes. Sock did some big hitting at the end of the 2nd to break back though

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
major choke from Gasquet, I believe he was on serve with a break to win the second set. yikes. Sock did some big hitting at the end of the 2nd to break back though
Actually, Gasquet was broken at *4-3 with 2DFs and 2 forehand UEs. But Sock did play well to hold at 2-4 15-40 before that:)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Another great win for Jack Sock. He's got a real chance at getting to the finals here.

·
Registered
14,791 Posts
More talented player and player with much bigger balls wins. There was only one winner after that second set.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Great for humanity when gasquet looses? Or sock more talented than richard? People are completly insane nowdays...sad for gasquet but that s whT happens when you stay again 10 meters behind the baseline...anyway I like jack s game so yeah move on

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,655 Posts
Great for humanity when gasquet looses? Or sock more talented than richard? People are completly insane nowdays...sad for gasquet but that s whT happens when you stay again 10 meters behind the baseline...anyway I like jack s game so yeah move on
Sock's FH can knock people way out of court, and if they are already way out of court to start with, not easy to get to. Still Richard's experience got him close, but not close enough - just like Murray, especially on quick hard courts like these.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
Talent wins over pushing, always.

I love how this tourney has already exposed some of the biggest pushers in this game.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Disappointing result. :( :(
Rysiek even had a chance for double break in second set, bloody hell. :( :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts