·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expected.:)

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Zverev starting to make waves. Looking better every tournament that goes by. His hair that is.

Good result though.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Wtf dolgo? Really? Loosing to zverev...I hate his game

·
Registered
672 Posts
I watched the entire match live. Dolgo played a great first set, getting Zverev out of his comfort zone with his wide array of shots that got Zverev running (or would have forced him to run) more than he wanted. (Zverev actually took a questionable bathroom break at 5-2 in the first set.) The second set was a lot closer than the score indicated, as many of the games went to deuce and both players had many break point opportunities. Zverev upped his play and gradually started to gain the upper hand on a still-playing-well Dolgo to win the set. In the third set, Dolgo's play gradually fell off while Zverev didn't blink and the German took control of the match to post his second come-from-behind victory in as many nights.

One other interesting note - Belinda Bencic and Kristina Mladenovic, who are playing doubles in the Citi Open and played in (and eventually won) the next match on the same court, watched the first two sets of the battle of the Alexes from the front row of the stands near Zverev's chair.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thx for the write-up, Chip. I think Belinda and Sascha are good friends.

Great result for Sascha, formidable transition from European clay to NA HC. Considering he flew over just a couple of days ago he must still be jet-lagged.
Beating the reigning USO champion will surely be too much to ask, but at least that match will be streamed.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
"Alexander > Alexandr"

Called it :) Good result for the teens, they'll get better as they have more competition among themselves as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Great win for the talented youngster! :yeah:

Reactions: Berd Lover

·
168,459 Posts
Thx for the write-up, Chip. I think Belinda and Sascha are good friends.

Great result for Sascha, formidable transition from European clay to NA HC. Considering he flew over just a couple of days ago he must still be jet-lagged.
Beating the reigning USO champion will surely be too much to ask, but at least that match will be streamed.
Belinda Bencic and Antonia Lottner are good friends. And they are big fans of Sascha. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts