Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good consistency from Kei facing no BPs or even a single deuce game, even with those constant rain delays in first set. Mayer served very well but two lone games where Kei returned very well to get 0-40 leads were enough, with a bit of help from Mayer's UEs especially the 4-4 game in set 2.

Next is tricky, Lopez or Groth, big servers with good volleys.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Kei played exceptionally well. Served well, hit some clutch passing shots, and kept his cool, calmly finishing out both sets with aces. With Murray gone, the tournament is his to lose (unless Gasquet reaches the finals). Good clean win to offset the erratic nature of his opener.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
What does Kei need to do this week to leapfrog Wawrinka in the rankings and get the #4 seed at Cincinatti - title or just final?

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Wait let me understand it

Nishikori was a quarterfinalist in Washington last year so he has 90 points to defend. The finalist gets 300 points. So 300 points - 90 points (the ones to defend) would be 210. 210 + 5525 (the points he has now) would be 5735 (55 less than Wawrinka)

So how would he surpass him? I'm sorry but I always make something wrong in these situations :lol: Am I calculationg wrong? Or is something that I'm missing? Someone clarify it for me so I'll understand it once and for all

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
^Washington was 1 week earlier last year I think.

If the sheet is correct (or rather if I'm reading it the right way) Kei will have 5825 if he reaches the F and will overtake Stan who will be at 5745.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
tidy match

1 - 7 of 7 Posts