Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good start for Marin.

“It wasn't easy to put him away,” Cilic said. “He's a great counterpuncher.”

Cilic, the first reigning US Open champion to play in the US capital since Andre Agassi in 2000, and second seed Nishikori each had first round byes and saw their matches pushed into the wee hours by a rain delay.

“It gives me more confidence,” Cilic said of his Grand Slam title.

“I'm sure it's going to give me more faith in my game. In this moment I'm very happy with my game.”

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Cilic needs one more win to take the 8th seed from Dull in Cincy.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,536 Posts
Motivated Querrey will beat him next round :wavey:
hmm was hoping for Kei to avenge USO F defeat. But yeah Querrey is more likely a bigger threat to Kei based on their previous encounters and his howizter serving.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Actually, he needs 2. With one, he'll be just 5 pts behind Nadal.

Still following live-tennis.eu I see...
Where does Nadal get those 90 eff points on 10.08?

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Actually, he needs 2. With one, he'll be just 5 pts behind Nadal.

Still following live-tennis.eu I see...
:lol:

Yeah, sorry, but it's a faster ranking database to load in the smartphone than yours. :p

Do you mind to explain why it's wrong in this case? Cause I don't think so.

Cilic opened the week with 3495 points, while Nadal opened with 3410.

Cilic will drop Toronto's points (90) on 2015.08.10 (next ranking), what would live him with 3405. But this week with a QF (90 points) he would add 45 more points (trading for Geneva, his least best countable tounrmanet, currently at 45 points), leaving him with 3445. :cool:

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
He drops a mandatory 0 (for Canada last year), so Beijing QF (currently not countable) enters his Best 18.
Ah yes, missed that. Thanks.

·
Rankings Master
15,855 Posts
:lol:

Yeah, sorry, but it's a faster ranking database to load in the smartphone than yours. :p

Do you mind to explain why it's wrong in this case? Cause I don't think so.

Cilic opened the week with 3495 points, while Nadal opened with 3410.

Cilic will drop Toronto's points (90) on 2015.08.10 (next ranking), what would live him with 3405. But this week with a QF (90 points) he would add 45 more points (trading for Geneva, his least best countable tounrmanet, currently at 45 points), leaving him with 3445. :cool:
Cilic drops Toronto which is a mandatory, and is instantly replaced by Davis Cup points (10): 3415. Provided with the R16 of Washington, he gets to 3450. With QF, he secures his previous 3495 (defending his Toronto points). Geneva is already inside his Best 18 but DC is the tournament he knocks out, not Geneva, since by losing a mandatory, he opens up one spot for another tournament.

Yet Nadal is at 3500 because of my above post, if you care to read.

No, live-tennis.eu is definitely 100% wrong this week. BTW, my rankings load fast on my smartphone, you have no excuse.;)

But you do as you please of course, who cares if you access wrong info, if it's fast anyway?

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Cilic drops Toronto which is a mandatory, and is instantly replaced by Davis Cup points (10): 3415. Provided with the R16 of Washington, he gets to 3450. With QF, he secures his previous 3495 (defending his Toronto points). Geneva is already inside his Best 18 but DC is the tournament he knocks out, not Geneva, since by losing a mandatory, he opens up one spot for another tournament.

Yet Nadal is at 3500 because of my above post, if you care to read.

No, live-tennis.eu is definitely 100% wrong this week. BTW, my rankings load fast on my smartphone, you have no excuse.;)

But you do as you please of course, who cares if you access wrong info, if it's fast anyway?
I got it.

Well, looks like all that Dull's vulturing will be paid off. The USO champ will lose a bye in a M1000 to the guy who played a lot of 250 and 500's. :sad:

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Awful result but expected.
Well, I know Cilic is evil, but he's kinda representing humanity this week, since he needs a SF to take the Cincy's bye away from Dull. :p

Of course, the only way someone can be more evil that Dull in tennis is Lucifer himself leaving the hell with a tennis racquet with his mind set in joining the ATP. :angel:

Although looks like Ferrer has a long term shoulder injury, so Dull may get his bye anyway. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Well, I know Cilic is evil, but he's kinda representing humanity this week, since he needs a SF to take the Cincy's bye away from Dull. :p

Of course, the only way someone can be more evil that Dull in tennis is Lucifer himself leaving the hell with a tennis racquet with his mind set in joining the ATP. :angel:

Although looks like Ferrer has a long term shoulder injury, so Dull may get his bye anyway. :shrug:
At least lucifer is honest about what he is :yeah:. And considering Nadal is the luckiest person in sports history it seems NID that Ferrer will save him a top 8 seed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts