Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One leg Gaba outplays Pushray and saves tennis. Amazing scenes. :devil:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Wow! What a MP :worship:
This was a fantastic match. Gabashvili played great tennis.

Not a great start to the HC season for Murray, but I'm sure he will pick it up in Montreal.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That MP was really amazing. Washington courts are one of the fastest of the tour, that's for sure.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Murray pointlessly entered a tournament he clearly had no interest in winning, that's what i don't understand.

Why bother playing Washington if you're going to basically half arse it, he didn't play it since 2006 he had no interest in winning it so he clearly played purely for money.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Dafuq did I just watch

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Incredible MP.

Murray is such a mug. Gabashvili was smart enough to expose his flaws. What was Andy even doing vulturing here in Washington? He's burning himself out with all this match play ... meanwhile Novak is chilling, all class.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
So Murray was serving for the match and lost to Gabashvili? :facepalm:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now watch Gaba pulling out next round and make Murray's lost even more embarassing :superlol:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Incredible MP.

Murray is such a mug. Gabashvili was smart enough to expose his flaws. What was Andy even doing vulturing here in Washington? He's burning himself out with all this match play ... meanwhile Novak is chilling, all class.
$$$ Certainly not for tennis reasons, he didn't seem overly bothered.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Incredible MP.

Yep he was certainly vulturing the tournament with a loss in his first match... makes sense.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
hmm, I guess World Team Tennis does have its uses after all ;)

Super win for Teimurasz, for me Andy was a bit too mouthy and unfocused throughout, will need to sharpen up next week.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Incredible MP.

Gaba is probably one of the dumbest players on tour, that's why he will never be a regular ATP tour level player. His a player with many weapons but usually don't know what to do with them. Today he was clicking (even injured) and the fast courts help his cause even more.

·
23,510 Posts
Congrats to the better player of the day. Murray looked OK in the 1st Set, but an MTO (which looks legit) at the 3rd Set again shook Murray. Gabashvili wasn't really actually trying to create much winners in the sense in the 1st and 2nd Set both players actually didn't have 20+ winners -- it was sensible tennis from both. Serving from Gaba was clutch all throughout but you could ask how Murray wasn't able to really get the serves better. Only 15 UEs from Gabashivili and what I heard is that he is actually building matchplay from his Challenger tour so there might be a chance this could be a good catalyst to get higher to maybe the Top 30. For Murray, he looked average on the 2nd and 3rd although did try to get winners (23/20 ratio). I thought Gabashivili took it to him rather than Murray gifting it IMO although who knows...maybe Murray is just tanking this (although I felt I kinda doubt it).

1 - 20 of 146 Posts