Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Epic Mugfest. :facepalm:

Led by a break until serving for the first set at 5-3, proceeds to get broken twice as Pella served for the set at 6-5. :facepalm: He at least stopped the bleeding and forced a tiebreak which he eventually overcame as Pella selfdestructed.

Then in Set 2 leads by a double break and then gets broken again while serving for the set. :help:

Eventually came through, but had this been a much tougher opponent he would have been out in straights easily. Mugfest this match. Rusty as hell. :facepalm: :mad:

It seems the recent breakups hasn't helped yet. :devil:

·
Bring it Home
21,140 Posts
Well, tough to comment without watching the match. But judging by the scoreline, looks like Dimitrov kinda understimate Pella a lot and almost paid the price. :shrug:

5-3 lead in the 1st set, lost 3 points on serve in 4 previous service game, then broken twice to go 5-6 and had to save 2 set points on Guido's serve, before breaking back and winning the tiebreak 7-1.

2nd set, went double break without much trouble, then struggles to hold to 5-1, broken serving for the match at 5-2, then hold confortably at 5-4.

Just like I said about Nishikori yesterday, you can't blame rustiness when you're winning easily and suddenly starts struggling against much worse players. :shrug:

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
I've lost count of the number of times Grigor has been broken when serving for a set/match. At least he won but it should have been a lot easier.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have never seen 6'3'' tall player considered to be offensive shotmaker like Dimitrov who has that big troubles in winning his service games comfortably. Since Wimbledon he is multiple times broken by everybody - Overratrov.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts