Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
12 aces, 12 DF's.

Pretty impressive by Ben. :lol:
You missed the part about him breaking Karlovic when he was serving for the match in the 2nd set, and then

SAVING 6 MATCH POINTS!!!!

You also missed the fact that he's been seriously injured for most of the past 8 months.

But even losing, this is a good result for Ben... seems like he is on the right track again, finally getting healthy and he is really motivated to do well.

There's no shame losing in 3 tight TB sets against Ivo.

:hug: Ben. Well done Ivo.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You missed the part about him breaking Karlovic when he was serving for the match in the 2nd set, and then

You also missed the fact that he's been seriously injured for most of the past 8 months.

But even losing, this is a good result for Ben... seems like he is on the right track again, finally getting healthy and he is really motivated to do well.

:spit:

Stay cool, m8. I was just joking about the ace/DF ratio. I didn't even followed the match, just received some alerts on the cel.

Hopefully he's recovered and can jump the rankings a bit. Paire is always a good player to watch.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts

Exactly.

Losing doesnt necessarily mean playing badly, its not like he lost in straights or anything

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Talentedless servebot beats talented shotmaker, tennis these days.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What a big season for Ivo so far this year. But the field here is STRONGER than his previous tournaments. Next could be Isner I liked both to do well here.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Sharapova was right, Paire is nothing but a loser. The better tennis player won this match, well done Ivo :yeah:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Happy for Ivo, will get chance to play John, it looks close in 3tie-breaks, but Ivo was better, won more in his serve, was holding easier, should have won this in straight sets

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to the Karlovic side, Paire was mocking Ivo in French for most of the match, saying things to his group like, This isn’t tennis, I should never lose to this guy, he sucks. And on and on. But to the surprise of Paire, Ivo understands French as he lived in France for some time and after the match he told Paire he should show respect to his opponent and not insult an opponent publicly as he did. Paire responded that Ivo should not tell him to do anything.

:lol:

Every Fognini or Paire match should've mandatory stream.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
According to the Karlovic side, Paire was mocking Ivo in French for most of the match, saying things to his group like, This isn’t tennis, I should never lose to this guy, he sucks. And on and on. But to the surprise of Paire, Ivo understands French as he lived in France for some time and after the match he told Paire he should show respect to his opponent and not insult an opponent publicly as he did. Paire responded that Ivo should not tell him to do anything.

:lol:

Every Fognini or Paire match should've mandatory stream.
It he really said all that, than PAire should get banned, i mean Viktor got banned for some stupid mistake and Paire is insulting opponents and is o.k... well done ATP and ITF. btw suprised that Ivo understand french, i just though he speaks croatian, english

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Tarik Benhabiles was a former Karlovic's coach so i'm not surprised Ivo understands some french. Also i believe Ivo played some club tennis in France.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Paire is the most insufferable player on tour, after Fognini. He is lucky to have the good looks, otherwise he'd be trashed by everyone here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts