Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
I guess Tomic only lost because he couldn't play in the R3 against Dimitrov anymore, right Milko? :lol:

Istomin almost choked this though.

From 5-3* up in the 2nd and also 0-30 on Tomic's serve to *5-6 and 15-40 on own serve. In the TB, Tomic was 3-1 up.

At least this shows Tomic is taking a bit more serious. Some months ago he would've quitted a set and a break deep in the 2nd set for sure.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess Tomic only lost because he couldn't play in the R3 against Dimitrov anymore, right Milko? :lol:

Istomin almost choked this though.

From 5-3* up in the 2nd and also 0-30 on Tomic's serve to *5-6 and 15-40 on own serve. In the TB, Tomic was 3-1 up.

At least this shows Tomic is taking a bit more serious. Some months ago he would've quitted a set and a break deep in the 2nd set for sure.
So which is it, either Denis choked the break, or Tomic fought and didn't give up?

·
Registered
908 Posts
They tried to make me do some workout but I said, "No, no, no"

Yes, I've done tank but when I come back you'll know, know, know

I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine ...

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
There goes his claim to a Davis Cup place in the team against Uzb!
Rafter will probably play safe with Hewitt and Matosevic on singles.

I'd put Tomic and Kyrgios day 1, Hewitt/Groth (or Guccione) on doubles on day 2. Day 3, if needed, Hewitt. He would be fresher.

So which is it, either Denis choked the break, or Tomic fought and didn't give up?
I don't know, there was no stream, I was following by BET365 gamecenter. Probably a bit of both.

A choke intent need a player who cares about the match to take advantage of the choke in the other side of the net. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
This question, in its general form, is something I've been asking since Day 1 on this forum. Nobody seems to have an answer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sombrerero loco in ruins.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Haven´t seen this, but if Tomic wasn´t trying 100% i hop eUSTA guys should think about WC for USO, let him fight through qualies, but not sure if they can decicde or just they handle WC to Aussie federation and they can´t say nothing. Have seen Tomic in Bogota, have seen Istomin lost to Lacko in Atlanta, their H2H and Tomic lost this in straight sets, really hard to explain this just that Tomug was happy with Bogota title got here won 1st round and decide to better spend time with chicks and get drunk

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Haven´t seen this, but if Tomic wasn´t trying 100% i hope USTA guys should think about WC for USO, let him fight through qualies, but not sure if they can decicde or just they handle WC to Aussie federation and they can´t say nothing. Have seen Tomic in Bogota, have seen Istomin lost to Lacko in Atlanta, their H2H and Tomic lost this in straight sets, really hard to explain this just that Tomug was happy with Bogota title got here won 1st round and decide to better spend time with chicks and get drunk
The second one is right. The USTA cedes a WC to Tennis Australia. It is theirs to do with as they like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Watched this one live. Istomin was very solid most of the way, dictating points, backhand was even clicking pretty well for him, he was at a good level. Tomic definitely was playing half-assed most of the way, though, until finally waking up with Istomin serving for the match, Istomin had a poor service game, Bernard won the game and finally showed some emotion towards a couple of the Aussies that were there watching him. He had couple of break point chances to take the set as well as a lead in the tiebreak. A few bad backhands from Tomic, and Denis picking things up in the breaker, though, and Tomic was done.

I was standing on the top of the bleachers so I could watch this match and Estrella-Kamke at the same time. Victor was over on the next court fighting his nuts off on every point and Tomic couldn't be bothered until the end of the match.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow. he should have won this and i expected him to do it. disappointing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts