Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was quite an escape by Tsitsipas, was down 4-5 15-40 on return in the final set but managed to turn it around.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Donaldson was around 25% first serves in the 3rd set but you still have to give Stefanos credit for coming back from a break down in the 2nd and 3rd set and saving two match points. Great chance to get to the quarters as he now faces Duckworth.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,636 Posts
Why does Donaldson almost always find himself at the losing end of these sluggers?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Another heartbreaking loss this year for Donaldson who appears to be making huge gains then suddenly gets the door slammed in his face.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Great fight from Tsitsipas to pull that match out. Encouraging that the (sparse) crowd was generally pro Tsitsipas even though Donaldson is American. Shows that he can be a star if he capitalizes on his opportunity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Donaldson had the trainer look at his leg at the changeover leading 5-4 in third. I'm not sure if he hit one first serve the rest of the match. It's a shame he couldn't find a way to close it out. He most certainly was hurting in some fashion.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Why does Donaldson almost always find himself at the losing end of these sluggers?
He's got a very childish/effeminate look, I'm guessing his testosterone level is very low which makes him get more nervous than others and choke a lot. I struggle to remember any close matches he's won.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts