7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"This is my house" shouts Young has he picks up like his 5th win ever lol

Oh Stan

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Re: Washington R1: Young DEF Wawrinka 64 67 76

So this should firmly end the debate that Stan deserved and was shafted in not getting a WC into Toronto. Man he needs more matches - movement and timing were so off.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

His house but just some moments ago he was in my back yard running around a backhand

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

3-3 15-40 and made 2 really bad UEs. :facepalm:

·
23,063 Posts
Re: Washington R1: Young DEF Wawrinka 64 67 76 (In "His House")

It seems like he's getting there (he gradually improved during the match) and yet when he needed it the most, he just can't find it. I will say he has been consistently returning quite badly throughout the year. For someone that could rip strokes big, he cannot time balls sent at him (although maybe it has to do with height when someone serves). He does mistime, most interestingly on the BH side too.

He served well in the 3rd Set, even when down 0-15 and so -- he was quite concentrated during the match IMO. But I agree during those important moments like when he was 15-40 somewhere in the 3rd Set there was this BH on 2nd serve return that was netted, just showing how very up and down his consistency is this match. What I'm impressed about Stan I don't see him quite often in past seasons is a good fight -- I think his drop has made him learn that tennis is a marathon rather than a sprint, that even if you have a bad start it musn't linger as you can get back up eventually. He almost did, but like I said, he seems to have a severe case of Murphy's Law, when things go wrong they will go wrong.

So this should firmly end the debate that Stan deserved and was shafted in not getting a WC into Toronto. Man he needs more matches - movement and timing were so off.
You wouldn't say that if he actually won the match (which he could've if he just had converted one of those BPs IMO). :p Anything can change each day, and if he's facing Nishikori next who knows if he'll have a slow start or not. He typically ups his level against much higher ranked players (like Dimitrov for example in Wimbledon). I will agree that playing Toronto qualies may help greatly, but I still don't agree with the principle.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

Young is such an unlikeable and cringy character. Not to mention his tennis is challenger level. Hope Kei wipes the floor with this mug.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

I starting to wonder now, if Stan will make a successful comeback? That knee of his still looks bad from the surgeries.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts

@ 7:32 Stan Wawrinka with his usual hideous "come on"

[ame]https://youtu.be/tF3hmHWRfsI?t=452[/ame]

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Born with blocked nose

·
Registered
21,282 Posts

Young is such an unlikeable and cringy character. Not to mention his tennis is challenger level. Hope Kei wipes the floor with this mug.
Not to mention he’s a race baiter.

Bad result for tennis. Not looking good for Wawrinka

·
23,063 Posts

@Manu_ser Loved his come ons today. :grin2: No show of indifference from him showing that he doesn't seem to believe he's coming back in the match. Just like Murray he also is frustrated about how bad he has dropped as a top player. What's good for Murray is that he makes players play worse than they do, while at times Stan makes players play better than they are.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,625 Posts
Oh great another Kei Young encounter :lol:

Looks like qualies might be good for Stan.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts