Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time to kiss goodbye the tennis racquets for Llodra. At least in singles

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Re: Washington QR1: [WC] Arconada (unranked) def. Llodra 3-2 ret.

Arconada has only once in his career gone through futures qualies to reach a futures MD match, which he of course lost. How on Earth did he get a WC to play here? And drawing an injured opponent...

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Jordi Arconada is a beast, don't hate.

He regularly was winning in South Florida Mens opens along with the likes of Juan Rocha and Yuanfeng Li, among others.

Though the result is surprising, yes

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
I don't hate, I'm just curious as to why a player who has never won a futures MD match or played a challenger qualy suddenly appears in an ATP500 qualy when it's not even in his own country.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Stuff happens :shrug:

I was able to play a CH Q :shrug:

Besides Arconada has been in the US for a while. Pretty sure he did college here but I'm not 100%, probably out here grindin knows

Edit: Turns out he lost the pre qualies final to Tiafoe, who is in main draw. Arconada also is going to Texas A&M for college

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
He practices in Maryland not far from the tournament site. His sister plays for US but he is still playing for Argentina and hopefully will continue to do so

First ATP points! Vamos :)

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He practices in Maryland not far from the tournament site. His sister plays for US but he is still playing for Argentina and hopefully will continue to do so

First ATP points! Vamos :)
Yeah i've seen his sister in an ITF event this week (i mean on the scoreboard, not her playing live). She actually is in the semis of ITF Austin. She is only 15 years old

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
He probably remembered 5 games in, and was like shit my bad! I'm done i forgot...:shrug:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
I don't hate, I'm just curious as to why a player who has never won a futures MD match or played a challenger qualy suddenly appears in an ATP500 qualy when it's not even in his own country.
Maybe he hanged around

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
too good this Anaconda

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think he retired from singles but he retires officially this year so that was his last Roland Garros, therefore the emotions etc.

My prediction is he will retire at Paris Masters

1 - 16 of 16 Posts