Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saved several MP
Nick has improved a lot since his Wimby loss
He seems to be more calm, composed and more professional....
In the old days, he would have mucked around in the 2nd TB and lost in an embarrassing fashion but not this time
Kept his heads down pretty much most of the time (except a couple of occasions)
Maybe a loss in the GS final is not a bad thing after all because as he stated, had he won the Wimbledon, he probably don't have the motivation to keep it going..........

Hope he wins the title!

Since playing clay, grass and hard court court tournament, he has been in SF in ALL consecutive tournaments including Houston, Halle, Atlanta (though played & won doubles with Kokk), and now here in SF. The only time he didn't make it to SF was in IW which he lost to a 3 tight sets in QF against Rafa which is no shame.

·
Chaos Theory
56,628 Posts
Poor Tiafoe. But Kyrgios has seemed to raise recently this season. May be very difficult if he can keep up level and fitness in the USO.

·
Registered
Rod Laver, John P. McEnroe, Andy Murray, Justine Henin, Aga Radwaska, big three. Many more!
6,790 Posts
The King of tennis people 👑. Amazing result for the sport. What a fighter and mental giant! 🛐🐐

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Frances 😰 😰 must be gutted horrible way to lose a match, hope it doesn't dent his confidence too much. This motivated Kygrios though is tough I don't mind if he does well next few weeks and gets seeded as don't want my faves facing him 1R at USO.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Mature Kyrgios still undefeated.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
This King can do no wrong. I sense a another great slam coming up at US. I think WB gave him some confidence and he is building nicely on it. Could be top 20 by end of year.
Theres good chance he would have earned a spot in both singles and doubles of WTF in Turin if Wimbeldon rewarded points like it should have.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Saved several MP
Nick has improved a lot since his Wimby loss
He seems to be more calm, composed and more professional....
In the old days, he would have mucked around in the 2nd TB and lost in an embarrassing fashion but not this time
Kept his heads down pretty much most of the time (except a couple of occasions)
Maybe a loss in the GS final is not a bad thing after all because as he stated, had he won the Wimbledon, he probably don't have the motivation to keep it going..........

Hope he wins the title!

Since playing clay, grass and hard court court tournament, he has been in SF in ALL consecutive tournaments including Houston, Halle, Atlanta (though played & won doubles with Kokk), and now here in SF. The only time he didn't make it to SF was in IW which he lost to a 3 tight sets in QF against Rafa which is no shame.
king kyrgios at work!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
This put him back in Top 50 (live). A trophy here would jump him to 37, within striking distance of a seed at USO.
He's played plenty of tennis this season compared to the last 4-5 seasons, so his chances of reaching 4R at USO for the first time in career would not be much higher, I'd rather see him playing some top-15 player in the first two rounds.

Faster bo3 Cinci could be a better place for making additional 360+ points and for reaching the first Masters SF after his Cinci'17 final, because some top guns on his path could feel tired after Canada and some shall probably be eyeing USO instead of Cinci SF/F.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts