Souza/Vesely v (wc)Erler/Kohlschreiber

Marach/Qureshi v Haase/H.Kontinen
Knowle/Oswald v (4)Melzer/Petzschner
Daniell/Demoliner v Gimeno-Traver/Schwartzman
Haider-Maurer/Junaid v (2)Begemann/Kubot

·
Registered
400 Posts
So for Mergea/Bopanna something like Murray/Nestor, followed by Pospisil/Sock and then Bryan/Bryan - and if they go through those, they still have to win the final.

How many Grand Slam titles are between those guys? 42 without counting the Bryans twice? :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think it's easier to win a GS than Washington title. In MS and GS tournaments you got 1 or 2 easier rounds, and when you get to the final phases some of the seeded players are out. In Wasinghton we have teams such as Pospisil/Sock, Peya/Soares, Murray/Peers, Cabal/Farah that are not seeds.
I think it's the strongest field that I have ever seen at a tournament. The advance cut was 48!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
What a draw for Bopanna / Mergea :facepalm: . Hopefully the match will be streamed cause Fish / Dimitrov's will be it seems.

That's what happens when Rojer / Tecau withdraw because of tiredness (fatigue) -> bad luck , cause they would have been seeded 4th that way, with a better draw.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Murray and Nestor :lol: didn't see that one coming.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Murray and Nestor :lol: didn't see that one coming.
I guess players (doubles especially) wanna play alongside him once and who knows how many (other) chances would have Nestor got. :shrug:

Rojer for example sacrificed a place in the rankings for this, when he played in Munich with "Sir Andy"

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Another 1st round exit for Pospisil and Sock.
Dimitrov/Fish def. Pospisil/Sock 6-7(2) 7-6(5) 10-8, saves 2 MP.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,300 Posts
Another 1st round exit for Pospisil and Sock.
Dimitrov/Fish def. Pospisil/Sock 6-7(2) 7-6(5) 10-8, saves 2 MP.
Quite an upset. Well good stuff, and more of Fish!

·
Bring it Home
20,487 Posts
Quite an upset. Well good stuff, and more of Fish!
Not really, I always said better single players would be better double players too, as long as they can play around the net and be able to play doubles.

I'd take for example a well trained Tsonga/Dimitrov, Murray/Berdych or Federer/Gasquet over any current doubles team in the world. :cool:

Btw, just found this, last point of the match:
https://twitter.com/NickyLeonski/status/628344560431820800

·
Registered
827 Posts
Fishitrov :eek: didn't see that coming, shame there was no stream :( They're probably gonna lose next round but still good that Mardy won yet another match :)

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Bopanna/Mergea def. A.Murray/Nestor 2-6 6-1 10-3 and any singles players argument cannot be found.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Fishitrov :eek: didn't see that coming, shame there was no stream :( They're probably gonna lose next round but still good that Mardy won yet another match :)
Surprisingly, there was :p . as well as for Bopanna / Mergea - A.Murray / Nestor

Bopanna/Mergea def. A.Murray/Nestor 2-6 6-1 10-3 and any singles players argument cannot be found.
Stellar performance by Mergea from the half of the 2nd set. Another 2 commentators that he made wonder where he was all those years :lol:

And here's a Video with some of that (that is not my channel by the way) :

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Full match :

Bopanna / F.Mergea - Andy Murray / Nestor , Washington R1 : English commentary : HERE !

* misses first 7 games

Reactions: PoliFanAthic
1 - 20 of 33 Posts