Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People often say that Wimbledon would scar Federer for the rest of his career. But perhaps it actually totally deflated Novak. I predicted it then but putting it in writing now.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I don’t think he’s done yet since he’s had a few poor endings to his season sometimes but he ends up starting the next year by winning AO so I think he will still win some more big titles but not as many as the past years.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That's right—whenever someone wins a huge, hard-fought victory, it typically scars them for life.

Well, at least now Djokovic can get back to what's really important. During the off season, he can focus on his piano—and hopefully master a concerto or two. And then once the new year rolls around, he can just ease back into his tennis hobby. ;)

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
WB took a lot out, no doubt, as we witnessed in N. American swing & USO but not as much as RG took out of Murrinka few years ago & fortunately there's enough of a break for Novak to regroup for the next season starting w/ his maiden slam at AO. Moreover, i'm not saying he did outright, but it's even 'possible' that he tanked 2nd set in match vs Fed in order to preserve himself for next season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts