Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratch:

Monaco - bendover
Nieminen - had BP at 4-4 in the 2nd
Berdshit - bendover
RBA - nervous
Nishikori - injured and owned for more than an hour anyway.

Discuss. No tard wars. Only unbiased comments!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Clearly. Says a lot about Nadal's prowess that his fans are celebrating him winning due to a retirement. That is an achievement in thieirbpoor minds.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
bendovers and the like are irrelevant. depleted field and the injury in the finals are relevant.
a win is a win, but this one ain't pretty.

·
23,063 Posts
No asterisks title for me, but this is just, well kind of very unsatisfying run for the winner -- a very light draw compared to the other side (which includes Wawrinka, Djokovic, Ferrer and Dolgopolov, 4 players who have beaten Nadal this year; also Gulbis, who pushed Nadal at Rome and seems to be more stable this year). I hope someone else wins Rome, and with a satisfying end. Both giving their all and no negative happenings.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The final, surely.

Today, even Rafa was ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
it wasn't a 'pretty' tournament but just because the quality was low I fail to see how it becomes an asterisked win really.

in the end a win is a win. the only match that was even debateable was the final where Nishikori looked to have it in the bag and then retired. the FINAL match is asteriked. not the tournament itself

even the final, if Nishikori truly was injured, apparently a somewhat troubled Kei was better than any of the other tournament opposition. it is what it is

asterisking tournaments is stupid anyway

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
it's between this one and AO 2014 for sure

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
it wasn't a 'pretty' tournament but just because the quality was low I fail to see how it becomes an asterisked win really.

in the end a win is a win. the only match that was even debateable was the final where Nishikori looked to have it in the bag and then retired. the FINAL match is asteriked. not the tournament itself

even the final, if Nishikori truly was injured, apparently a somewhat troubled Kei was better than any of the other tournament opposition. it is what it is

asterisking tournaments is stupid anyway
Guess what? If you don't win the final, you don't win the tournament. It was not Rafa's fault Kei was injured, but he was very lucky the injury happened when it did.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
:scratch:

Monaco - bendover
Nieminen - had BP at 4-4 in the 2nd
Berdshit - bendover
RBA - nervous
Nishikori - injured and owned for more than an hour anyway.

Discuss. No tard wars. Only unbiased comments!
Nieminen has a break point and the match deserves to be asterisked? Am I going crazy or have players had BP and failed to convert them before?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
YES. At least that I konw of.

Because it's a very clear case of the far worse opponent winning thanks to the opponent's injury.
Mentionning AO 2014 is wrong. Wawrinka was owning Dull before the injury.

Unless someone can find an example of a M1000 tournament when an injury helped a completely OWNED player, this is officially the most asterisked win ever in a M1000.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
could be.

i think Wimbledon 10, Us open 10 and 13 also have a asterisk nesr them too, there are others I cant remember

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Not even close to RG'09 :wavey:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts