Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I´m almost sure that he did. But it is not a big deal, everybody does it (included Fed FYI). Usually is directed more to yourself as a way to express your disgust with your level of play.

PS: The best one i've ever heard was during the Ríos-Costa RG R16 in 1998. Costa expressed himself in chilean curse words : "ESTOY JUGANDO COMO EL PICO!!!" (chilean way to say i'm playing like shit). Albert used to hit with chilean player Gabriel Silberstein, there he probably learnt that little gem.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Nothing new, he curses a lot during matches if things aren't going his way. More at disgust of *himself *than anything else, so not a big deal to me. Just normal human behaviour.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
I´m almost sure that he did. But it is not a big deal, everybody does it (included Fed FYI). Usually is directed more to yourself as a way to express your disgust with your level of play.

PS: The best one i've ever heard was during the Ríos-Costa RG R16 in 1998. Costa expressed himself in chilean curse words : "ESTOY JUGANDO COMO EL PICO!!!" (chilean way to say i'm playing like shit). Albert used to hit with chilean player Gabriel Silberstein, there he probably learnt that little gem.
I remember that match, it was a good one :lol:

·
F***ing have it
17,640 Posts

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Not a good example for the kids who were watching
A message to all kids, then. Don't watch sport. Quite often sports men/women can be seen cursing themselves out (and sometimes their opponents). Sport contains alot of emotion, and that in turn is expressed verbally in both good and bad situations.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
He says a lot of pu*a lately. The kid is growing up!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Almost every Spanish player will say puta/puta madre at least 5 times during a match...so does Rafa...nothing new...

Federer's new favorite word on the court seems to be fuck, as it is for many English speaking players...

Novak swears in Serbian all the time...

Bottom line, they all swear...been doing that for a long time but you probably haven't paid attention or didn't understand

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Unless he said fuck you to his opponent there's nothing wrong with swearing on the court. I do it all the time. :angel:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts