Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read in the news that at Fed Cup Serbia vs. Romania, he called Ivanovic and Jankovic, who were playing a doubles match at the time, "WHORES"! Snezana Jankovic demanded that security kick him out. Then he insulted Boba Zivojinovic, tried to get into the players' box with Snezana and Ana's father, and tried to assault the umpire.

Assuming the allegations are true, was he always such an asshole?

Reactions: *Ljubica*

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
haha.

He is a legend.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Ana and JJ whores, I wish :)
:lol:

And YES, Nastase was, is, and will always be an @sshole. His nick used to be 'Nasty' - for a reason. :angel:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Just read in the news that at Fed Cup Serbia vs. Romania, he called Ivanovic and Jankovic, who were playing a doubles match at the time, "WHORES"! Snezana Jankovic demanded that security kick him out. Then he insulted Boba Zivojinovic, tried to get into the players' box with Snezana and Ana's father, and tried to assault the umpire.

Assuming the allegations are true, was he always such an asshole?
Do you have a source on that?

But yes, supposedly he is an asshole.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
Actually, I don't think he is an asshole anymore. Maybe he still has some "manifestations" when tennis is involved( he is our Federation President, after all and maybe he was teased) but he grew up to be a very happy, calm, funny( in a good and wise way) and genuine human been. He has a young wife and 2 very little girls, he is the only one who has the courage to make fun of Tiriac in public, and generally he speaks his mind( a very rare thing in today Romania) but in a very polite way. I was very surprised to see him behaving like that in the last years because I, like everybody else, used to know all those "nasty" things about him!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Isn't that his history? He's an out of control jackass.
What else do you expect from him?
Same with McEnroe and Connors. They show people no respect.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
^^ that's very nice to read. Well, it's a comforting thought that people are in fact able to change...

And eh, yes, OP, do you have a link to back up this claim?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes he was. We would cringe when he was playing and he would start talking to the ump. We felt he had no boundries. Whereas, Johnny Mac and Connors did. It was somewhere....:rolleyes:

His coach, who was ugleeeeeeeeee was from Transylvania. ;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is in Romanian; can someone give a rough translation?

http://sport.hotnews.ro/stiri-tenis-2276272-ilie_nastase_avut_conflict_arbitru_budapesta_fed_cup.htm

Ilie Nastase a avut un conflict cu un arbitru la Budapesta, la Fed Cup

Presedintele Federatiei Romane de Tenis, Ilie Nastase, este acuzat de cotidianul elvetian Blick de agresarea unui arbitru de linie, in timpul partidei de tenis dintre perechile Sorana Cirstea-Monica Niculescu si Ana Ivanovic-Jelena Jankovic, la meciul din Fed Cup, disputat la Budapesta. Fostul mare jucator roman neaga insa lovirea tusierului, insa recunoaste faptul ca s-a apropiat de acesta pentru a-i cere sa arbitreze corect.

"Nu l-am atins pe arbitru, ca daca o faceam, l-as fi batut", a spus Nastase care a fost indepartat din suprafata de joc cu ajutorul a trei body-guarzi, iar dupa cateva minute a revenit in tribuna.

Sub titlul, "Tenis brutal - Ilie Nastase palmuieste un arbitru de linie", autorul articolului din Blick scrie: "Ilie Nastase nu s-a putut resemna cand jocul perechii romane, care incepuse foarte bine, a alunecat pe o panta descendenta. Dupa o decizie controversata, Nastase a navalit pe teren si l-a palmuit pe unul dintre arbitrii de linie, considerat vinovat. In cele din urma, romanul a fost scos de pe teren de trei oameni de ordine. Se pare insa ca nimeni nu a indraznit sa-l puna la punct pe starul certaret, pentru ca numai cateva minute mai tarziu, Nastase a aparut din nou in tribuna, ca si cum nimic nu s-ar fi intamplat."

In 2004, acelasi ziar a scris un articol denigrant la adresa Bucurestiului, inaintea meciului din Cupa Davis dintre Romania si Elvetia. In respectivul articol, autorul prezenta capitala Romaniei drept un oras in culori cenusii, plin de cersetori, caini vagabonzi si oameni saraci pentru care telefonul mobil este o raritate.

La Budapesta, echipa feminina a Romaniei a fost invinsa de Serbia cu 2-1 si a ratat calificarea in semifinalele grupei Euro-Africane.

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
Ilie Nastase had a conflict with a referee during fed cup in budapest.

the president of the romanian tenis federation is accused by the blick magasine of agresing a line referee at the match between sorana/monica and ana/jelena. the ex romanian player denies of touching the referee but he admits he approached him to show him the mark/ask him to judge corectly.

"i didnt touch the referee,cuz if i would he would have got kicked".nastase said after being removed by the bodyguards and placed back into the court.

under the title "brutal tenis-ilie nastase hits a linesman",blick says:ilie couldnt control himself after the good game of the romanian team slided on a descendent cours.after a tight decision,nastase ran on the court and slapped the linesman,considered guilty.eventually,the romanian was showed out by 3 bodyguards.it seems nobody could stop him from coming back in the arena a few minutes later as nothing happened.

4 years ago,before the DC match against Switzerland,the same magasine denigrated bucharest ,describing it in grey colours as full of dogs and beggers and with no mobile phones.(nr- even Federe apologised for that article to us ;))

romania was defeated b la bla

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
nothing on the girls or calling them whores tho :shrug:

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
One of the Romanian press agencies says that the Swiss paper Blick publiced that Nastase hit un umpire during an incident in a Fed Cup match between Romania and Serbia.He aknowledged the incident but denies that he hit the umpire. He said for Mediafax:" There were some problems in the double match. Our girls contested a serve and then I went to the empire to tell him not to rob them because they are only children and they gonna be affected. They called for the bodyguards to take me out of the court. I did not touch the umpire because if I did I would beat him so it was for the best that they took me out" He also remembered that the same Blick, which is called by him "a tabloid", publiced before a Davis Cup match between Romania and Switzerland a very depreciator article about Bucharest, a town viewed as a grey town, full of wild dogs, beggars and poor people for who a mobile phone is a rarity.
It says nothing about the "w" word and usually the Romanian press loves to enhance the famous people wrong doings, so maybe it was an exageration? I know very well that once you acquired a bad fame, it stucks with you for ever. And Romania actually had a chance to beat Serbia in Fed Cup! This is enough to make your blood running!

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
pe asta de unde l-ai luat?a aparut ceva pe gsp?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts