Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Djoker fans respect Matteo. Sorry to good Fedal fans if the usual arrogant clowns don’t respect Matteo.
If it was Bulldal vs. Matteo, Bull would’ve acted like he was god and shaken his sweaty head annoyingly.
If it was Fred, his constant smug grins and obsession with hearing praise would be insufferable. Obviously, he respected Matteo by crying about losing to Djoker and then quitting.

·
Premium Member
24,284 Posts
No one said anything about 'lower classes' but that was a remarkable association from you. Nor do I pretend Nadal and Federer are 'noble' or 'heroic'; they just don't go over the top to this extent nor do they have such anger issues which get transformed into 'gladiatorial glory' by their followers.
As you keep throwing around expressions like "from a certain cultural background" without any closer definition, one may only guess what you mean by those.

(Your last sentence refers to my comparison about gypsy machismo. That is really an existing term in Southern Europe. It is not relevant to this topic per se.)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Is MMA even a sport? I am serious, I wasn’t sure. I thought it was just bad entertainment that was followed by few here in the US. I thought it was like those “Monster Truck” competitions where these guys try to drive over each other. This has been enlightening because I didn’t think folks took MMA seriously, assuming it was a form of rigged entertainment for heavy drinkers.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nadal fans talk about impressionable young men in Djoker fandom, and being fearful of screaming.
Like women and old people don’t scream in support of Djoker.
The irony is so big. Their idol acted like a beast when puppets got crushed on clay. Djoker was called a coward and fraud, but beat Matteo, a nice man that possessed ferocious forehands and serves, and expressed his relief to his team an hour after falling on the ground, treating his bleeding finger and focusing again after choking. How about their old men Fedal, flawless men that never said or did anything wrong?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Boxing is for fighters; MMA is for clowns.
Boxing with its traditions, rules, and history feels more humane, I suppose, even though it's a combat sport. But the concepts of not attacking opponents who are on the ground or not attacking below the waistline seem to make it as humane as a full-contact martial art can possibly be. MMA, on the other hand... Well.

Reactions: The Federest

·
25,063 Posts
I never knew the conduct of Djokovic there -- which frankly while a bit scary, was funny although the rage during Berrettini winning a great point wasn't -- is now going to a direction of conduct and etiquette of sports, hehe. Frankly think MMA is interesting, pretty brutal but it does have its regulations. But as I said I don't see why tennis cannot be "rough and tumble" at times. It's more about the frequency of it to me hehe.

·
Premium Member
12,194 Posts
Part of it is the reality of 2021 Djokovic. He seems to be invincible body wise.... but he gets every missed chance and lost match, is one he won't get back.

He is veteran now, not a 21 year old spry young gun going to slug it out with Nadal for 6 hours and then play next week. Every win counts and he didn't play RG to lose. He wants more than anything to play Nadal , its what he lives for.

He wants to make tennis history so bad that he will react like he did.... to make it happen.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Seriously, are we back in 2005? What is this abhorrent human cock-fighting?! The fucking BBC have MMA journalists and stream events now.. :D It is a long, long way from cult niche sport these days. Oh well, what do I expect from a tennis forum...

I like both, but boxing is more dangerous (and more sadistic, in a sense). The accumulation of blows in boxing is brutal - only a madman would think the rules of boxing somehow make for a safe sport. Significant risk in both, obviously. People will always follow their perception and think MMA is somehow more dangerous though (even when they know absolutely nothing about it). James Toney didn't look much of a fighter when he decided to dance with the clowns in their world. And that was about as remarkable as McGregor losing when he tried a different sport (against an unbeaten guy and arguably the greatest ever... oh the shame!). This def takes me back to 2005. :)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
At least he doesn’t bare his teeth to his opponent after losing a point like Nadal. Might be the weirdest thing I’ve seen during a match. But it makes Nadal ‘decent’ I suppose.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
MTF stands for Men’s Tennis
Fairies it seems, the amount of estrogen on here is disturbing, grow a pair FFS

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Bulldal behaved less like a jackass after Djoker destroyed him the last 6 years.
Bull used to be a predictable hyena with his non-stop yelling against mugs in 2005-2011. He realizes that Tsitsi and Zverev aren’t weak era clowns.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Is MMA even a sport? I am serious, I wasn’t sure. I thought it was just bad entertainment that was followed by few here in the US. I thought it was like those “Monster Truck” competitions where these guys try to drive over each other. This has been enlightening because I didn’t think folks took MMA seriously, assuming it was a form of rigged entertainment for heavy drinkers.
Oh my god I actually agree with you. Unfortunately though it's not just followed by a "few in the states" it's literally become a mainstream worldwide phenonemon, which is a sad indictment of where we are as a global society.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
MTF stands for Men’s Tennis
Fairies it seems, the amount of estrogen on here is disturbing, grow a pair FFS
Oh look, guys are 'fairies' because they don't like a stick man screaming his head off and kicking in a sign, all true marks of 'gladiators' LMAO.

As if any tennis player at all were some macho 'gladiator'. This stuff is hilarious. Grow a brain, don't worry about your missing pair.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts