Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Well, I wouldn't want either Tomic or Kyrgios in my DC team, that's for sure. But then again, I'm not sure I would nominate Hewitt as the captain, either. At least not for his ability to communicate and not airing dirty laundry.

However, he does seem to bring fresh energy into Tennis Australia, and if he's got aspirations to bring Aussie players to the top of the game, well, I'd probably let him give it a shot.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The amount of time Kyrgios' name was mentioned for something that had nothing do with him was impressive. I say this as someone that's neither a fan or a hater of Nick.

With regards to Tomic, we all know he can be a A-hole but if you look at his rankings, he has made gradual improvements after his implosion. In July of 2018 he was ranked 184th. Now he is 88th. Even with the lack of dedication, he probably isn't going to be out of tennis anytime soon like many predicted.

·
Administrator
18,337 Posts
Tomic has a very good DC record. Kyrgios is known to play his best in team environment. Although both are barely top 100 now and don’t work on fitness or training at all, so I’d say De Minaur and millman have surpassed them as better choices anyway.

The whole situation is stupid, Hewitt shouldn’t be playing as captain, Tomic should be focusing on himself, Kyrgios should be training, but the bigger problem is that they all treat this like they need to save reputation, none of them are making any effort to keep stability within what should be a team and are distracting from the efforts of players who are even playing today. The main problem to me is clearly Hewitt playing doubles ties, out of everyone hewitt has the most power to end this feud with minimal issues, but he refuses to back down. Of course, it’s not an easy thing to back down, especially when it becomes public and personal. But Hewitt is wrong here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, I wouldn't want either Tomic or Kyrgios in my DC team, that's for sure. But then again, I'm not sure I would nominate Hewitt as the captain, either. At least not for his ability to communicate and not airing dirty laundry.

However, he does seem to bring fresh energy into Tennis Australia, and if he's got aspirations to bring Aussie players to the top of the game, well, I'd probably let him give it a shot.
Hewitt has stayed pretty calm considering what tomic has been going around spreading accusations about him. Hewitt is and always has been (even when he went through his own brat stage) absolutely passionate about his country and doing the best he can for it. He learnt his lessons and now is trying to give back to tennis in Australia. Tomic and Kyrgios don’t give a s*** about there country and or tennis in general. Hewitt is trying to reward players who actually want to put in the effort (regardless of there skill level) because that’s what Australian tennis and sport in general is about.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Hewitt has stayed pretty calm considering what tomic has been going around spreading accusations about him. Hewitt is and always has been (even when he went through his own brat stage) absolutely passionate about his country and doing the best he can for it. He learnt his lessons and now is trying to give back to tennis in Australia. Tomic and Kyrgios don’t give a s*** about there country and or tennis in general. Hewitt is trying to reward players who actually want to put in the effort (regardless of there skill level) because that’s what Australian tennis and sport in general is about.
Have you actually followed this story at all? The most serious allegations here were made by Hewitt against Tomic when he claimed Tomic had threatened his family. I think they have both behaved badly and they are making Tennis Australia look like a joke but your post is ludicrously biased and inaccurate.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If Hewitt does not sue Tomic for defamation, the suspicion is that Tomic is telling the truth. Hewitt must sue Tomic and get those accusations erased and receive damages.

It was clear that Hewitt's in your face, overbearing, breathing down your neck Davis Cup coaching did not fit well with Tomic and Nick once they began to lose. hewitt's badgering had to be extremely annoying to two rebels. The pressure of Davis Cup is enough, then to start losing and have Hewitt badgering you on changeovers could drive anyone to snap. So it's no surprise Hewitt's badgering was not welcome to Nick and Tomic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts