Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Robby, Robby, Robby :rolleyes: Take a look at the names of the players that are in the Tournament. Next take a good look at where you are :eek: I wonder how many times Robby is going to start his Pro Tennis Career over :sad:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: I wonder if Robby sees anything wrong with the Delray Beach Entry List?

My question/concern is why isn't he playing the Waikoloa challenger this week... he's GOT to play some challengers - good results in just a couple of them would really help him a lot I think and Waikoloa has a good field. Maybe they'll give him a WC into Delray....

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

He is in Waikoloa, he got a wildcard. Did something happen since the draw was made?

·
85,829 Posts

oops yes he's in the draw, my bad. I didn't see his name in the entry list and just assumed. Well that's good. Thanks

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

I hope Robby is at 100% this week! He plays Dennis LaJola (USA) in his first match at Waikoloa. I was hoping, if he felt good enough, he would request some wildcards to some challengers like this one... If he loses or retires in Hawaii, well, maybe he can go swim with the dolphins :ras:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

I hope Robby is at 100% this week! He plays Dennis LaJola (USA) in his first match at Waikoloa. I was hoping, if he felt good enough, he would request some wildcards to some challengers like this one... If he loses or retires in Hawaii, well, maybe he can go swim with the dolphins :ras:

What a wonderful picture :lol: My point about Delray Beach is players like John I., Sam Q., even Bobby Reynolds, etc. are in the Tournament's main draw while Robbie is on the Alt. list. May be Robby is going to have to be like Bill Murray in the Movie "Groundhog Day". He will have to keep repeating the start of his Pro Tennis Career until he finally gets it right :p I added the CH into this thread title because we know Robby doesn't need a lot of threads for Tournaments :sad:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Re: Waikloa CH & I wonder if Robby sees anything wrong with the Delray Beach Entry L

Robby won his first match 6-2, 6-4 :) I'm just glad he played a full match this month after exiting the AO. Good luck against Spadea or Udomchoke in the next round, Robby!

(Robby was set to play doubles with Michael Russell, but they withdrew from that...hopefully nothing bad)

·
85,829 Posts
Re: Waikloa CH & I wonder if Robby sees anything wrong with the Delray Beach Entry L

Russell has a back injury.... not that that's good, but at least it's not Robby

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

well, Robby lost his next match against Spadea 5-7, 2-6 :( ...even though he lost to the highest seed left in the draw, I was of course hoping for a better scoreline than this (or at least one where he seemed to be about equal in both sets) :ras:

on to something else...

·
85,829 Posts

:eek: that's not a good loss.... he's a better player than Spadea....

·
Registered
156 Posts

Maybe Spadea's wardrobe was too distracting ;)

·
85,829 Posts

Sadly, even Spadea is wearing boring Prince clothes now :p

·
85,829 Posts

Hmm, maybe Robby is a little hurt too, someone from the Dallas challenger posted in that event thread that he turned down a WC b/c of a bad shoulder :confused:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Oh no not another shoulder injury :eek: Why do my favorites end up with shoulder problems :sad: If Robby is healthy, he should win this Match :unsure:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Robby :yeah: He even served up a bagel :yippee:
I wasn't expecting that at all! And I read that he broke at love multiple times to get that bagel. I have to say that I'm much more satisfied when Robby serves a bagel in the final set... it's way sweeter that way :cool:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wasn't expecting that at all! And I read that he broke at love multiple times to get that bagel. I have to say that I'm much more satisfied when Robby serves a bagel in the final set... it's way sweeter that way :cool:
I thought you would really like that :D How about cream cheese on the bagel :p Robby has another Match he should be able to win. But can he put two wins together :unsure:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Robby :yeah: Two wins in a row :yippee: But I have to admit I don't know who Robby is to play next in the Tournament :eek:

·
85,829 Posts
He plays Mardy...

it's Robby's first QF since Lyon in Oct 2006.....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I would have been really happy for whoever won this match, but I am soooooooooooo happy for Robby getting a quarterfinal under his belt this year!! I can only hope this isn't the last :unsure: He fought his way to win that first set, and did well to run with it in the final set! 6 Americans in the quarterfinals! :)

I'm not sure how good or bad the court conditions were, but I was very disappointed with Robby's 1st serve percentage throughout the first two sets (he finally did better in the third set)... he made numerous double faults and his serve just wasn't doing any good for him. It was nothing like his 1st round match, where he served MUCH better! Suddenly, out of nowhere, Robby served 3 aces in a row during one of his crucial service games though, and I was like :eek: <- He did well to pull out a victory in that long match!

I didn't expect a quarterfinal here, and likewise I don't expect more than that, but GOOD LUCK to Robby tomorrow!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts