Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Beware, GGL invariably dissapoints after a big win.

Horrible card tommorrow. It would take a brave man to get involved in matches like Koubek vs Calleri, Fish vs Robredo, Simon vs Schuettler, Vliegen vs Andreev and Korolev vs Kohl - all have the potential to be mug matches and very hard to call IMO.

The likes of Roddick, Nadal, Davydenko and Wawrinka are far too short to be betting on against potentially tricky opponents.

My only bet - Sela to beat Karlovic @ 3.6

I think Ivo will struggle to have as good a year as last year. He has lost in straight sets this season to C.Rochus and that takes some doing and also lost a set to Jamie Baker who is an average player.

Sela is rising up the rankings and is one of the best up and coming players around. This match as usual in a match involving Karlovic will feature a few tie breaks and I am encouraged by Sela's tie break performances in some of his big matches last year - he won two tie breakers against Gonzo in the Davis cup which included saving match points and also won a tie break against Monaco in the Us Open.

As usual with a Karlovic match, it will be close and decided by a few tie breaks, so I think the value is with Sela.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Plenty of carnage yesterday...

Safarova was 1/20 at coral to beat Castano
Safina was 1/14 to beat linsky
Bartoli was 1/7 to beat Arvidson
Minar was 1/9 at hills to beat king
Radek was 1/5 at coral to beat spadea
Ljubo was 1/5 to beat haase
Guccionie was 2/5 to beat lee at hills
szvay was 1/16 at hills to beat marakova
Danilidou was 1/4 to beat Garbin

C.A.R.N.A.G.E

·
Registered
490 Posts
agree with Ivan

Dudi Sela - Ivo Karlovic

Well... why not? Dudi Sela improved a lot last season - won 3 challanger titles and lead Israel beating Chile (Gonzalez). He has really nice all court abilities with beautiful one handed backhand. Seems He enjoy time in Melbourne - last year He went through qualies, beat Srichaphan and lost to Safin in epic five setter. This year He trashed qualifier Slanar. Of course Karlovic is absolute other caliber player, but I have few doubts about him in Grand Slams. Yes I know that Karlovic get some big success last year and has big expectations to 2008. Similar things happened earlier - Karlovic played great tennis in US summer series, but then lost first round to uncomfortable Clement. Dr.Ivo started 2008 with disappointed lose against Rochus. Also in first round He had some problems #3 Brit and qualifier Baker, who has decent baseline game, but in my opinion Sela has much more to offer. And if He can beat Suzuki in Japan, then I'm sure He has chances against not convincing Karlovic in Grand Slam. I took this one quite big by my self, but It is more based on my feeling. Offical It is medium

Pick: Sela
Odds: 3.75
Bookie: StanJames
Stake: 4/10

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
That's a real insult to genuine MILFs around the world for someone to be describing Davenport as a MILF.
so true

kinda feel sick at the idea of shagging Lindsay

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am also on Garcia Lopez at 1.79. Betfair like you.

The result of 1st round suggests that he was very good so for me this is a very good bet and I think he should win in 3 or 4.
As this is one of the first matches I will post later new picks

Personally i think that Alejandro Falla is the favourite here. These hard courts suits perfectly his game. And from what i saw in end of the last year he improved a lot. Ok, GGL beats Chela but should i mention that GGL produced upsets here before and then fell in the next round.

It's not a simple match at all.

Not to mention that Anderson was serving for the match in the 5th set but Alejandro found an ability to come back and win the match. Methinks it illustrates his fighting skills.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
ATP Auzzie open

Karlovic over Serra 3/10

Simon over Schuettler 4/7

WTA Auzzie open

Vesnina over Craybas 4/9

Razzano over Pennetta 4/6

Good luck friends :yeah:

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Plenty of carnage yesterday...

Safarova was 1/20 at coral to beat Castano
Safina was 1/14 to beat linsky
Bartoli was 1/7 to beat Arvidson
Minar was 1/9 at hills to beat king
Radek was 1/5 at coral to beat spadea
Ljubo was 1/5 to beat haase
Guccionie was 2/5 to beat lee at hills
szvay was 1/16 at hills to beat marakova
Danilidou was 1/4 to beat Garbin

C.A.R.N.A.G.E

Thanks for that Ivan it just shows that theres value out there its just a case of picking the right ones, theres always more shocks on the wta side of things than atp but both will have their shocks

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
FALLA @2.20, 7 units
FISH @2.00, 5 units
CALLERI @1.75, 5 units
KOROLEV @4.00, 2 units
SEPPI @5.80, 1 unit
NIEMINEN x SCHIAVONE x MAURESMO x JANKOVIC x WAWRINKA @2.10, 5 units

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
¡

Not to mention that Anderson was serving for the match in the 5th set but Alejandro found an ability to come back and win the match. Methinks it illustrates his fighting skills.
it ilustrates Anderson mental problems in important situations too ;)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
After yesterdays weird show.....just suggestions!!!

What a bilge are you claiming fellas about this heartless,gutless mug GGL,he is very unstable,volatile and mediocre....Chela was totally out of form!!! Havent seen him in such bad condition for a while-Spaniard is still there with miserable groundstrokes and weak mentality-Falla has proven himself as a warrior and always buyont as an underdog....2.25 against GGL -BARGAIN!

Robredo has been struggling against unexpirienced hitter Zverev,quite predictably,German was up 6-4 6-2 4-3 and serving!!!....and Tommy hasnt suddenly turmed to Fed-he was keeping on sending balls back with his weeeeak returns and serves....today is absolutly different story-Fish is experienced,with an excellent serving faculty and is seekin for his revenge....Robredo is bad!......Fish is on his solid level...2.05 for American here!

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
Personally i think that Alejandro Falla is the favourite here. These hard courts suits perfectly his game. And from what i saw in end of the last year he improved a lot. Ok, GGL beats Chela but should i mention that GGL produced upsets here before and then fell in the next round.

It's not a simple match at all.

Alejandro Falla for me is not a fighter. He is playing very good but without desire. For me he doesnt have a fighting spirite and is not confident

1 - 20 of 61 Posts