1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Swiss system :rocker:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Several of the matches on Day 5 and most of the Matches on Day 6 don't feel like they mean very much. Maybe the rankings points need to be staggered out a bit. A lot of people at the bottom of the standings walk away with the same thing. 32 players all got credited with 45 rankings points. Not sure if it would be worth changing over such a small thing though it may not even be a significant enough detail.

In general though, I do like this Swiss System for the larger tournaments. And I think it's also good to make UTT different than regular TT in as many ways as possible just so you don't have two versions of the exact same game going on. Anytime you can make UTT slightly different in one way or another...it is a good thing.

I support it! Good job everyone.

·
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several of the matches on Day 5 and most of the Matches on Day 6 don't feel like they mean very much. Maybe the rankings points need to be staggered out a bit. A lot of people at the bottom of the standings walk away with the same thing. 32 players all got credited with 45 rankings points. Not sure if it would be worth changing over such a small thing though it may not even be a significant enough detail.

In general though, I do like this Swiss System for the larger tournaments. And I think it's also good to make UTT different than regular TT in as many ways as possible just so you don't have two versions of the exact same game going on. Anytime you can make UTT slightly different in one way or another...it is a good thing.

I support it! Good job everyone.
Thanks for your input, and I agree that the later stages those out of contention will fall off each time , we didn't exactly end up with the target amount of players, and I think the points will end up being adjusted at the bottom level because of this, we will discuss after seeing the full first results.

Also yes that's the point, to be different from TT , have some variety of formats , and just some fun overall ! :grin2:

·
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im out of this game @a1canada :)
Thanks for the invitation but I wont play anymore.
Dont like this system and I have enough with TT :)

That's fine, I can understand that, we are trying a variety of systems, just to keep things fresh and different from the same old every week in TT.

You are always welcome to return for any week or event you like, that part won't change, no ranking will effect entry.

We still are going to be trying Round robin in sections at Masters except IW and MIAMI, plus back to Regular plus 2nd chance all FEBRUARY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts