Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vote for the 4 semi-finalists

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is going to make the SFs?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I still have Federer as favourite to win the whole thing. Djokovic won't be able to recover from external factors.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Djokovic v Wawrinka
Murray v Simon

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wawrinka vs Cilic and Federer vs Murray would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Djokovic - Gasquet
Simon - Murray

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
It will be Murray-Federer and Djokovic-Gasquet

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The top 4 seeds making it is the obvious choice. Wawrinka-Gasquet has the most potential for an upset I think. I can't really see Djokovic, Murray or Federer losing.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Murray vs. Pospisil 95-5
Djokovic vs. Cilic 75-25
Federer vs. Simon 70-30
Wawrinka vs. Gasquet 50-50

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic at the very bottom. :facepalm: A clear provocation from a known hater.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The top 4 seeds making it is the obvious choice. Wawrinka-Gasquet has the most potential for an upset I think. I can't really see Djokovic, Murray or Federer losing.
Murray is the only NID outcome I think. Federer 2015 can lose to anyone...and a retriever like Simon annoys him most. He needed two tight tiebreakers to beat him in Shanghai after he destroyed ultron in the SF. Wawrinka-Gasquet is 50-50...hopefully Wawrinka will make it because Gasquet will just bend over backwards for N0le. Cilic has a shot vs LOLE if he plays well. He took ultron to 5 last time(was up 2 sets to 1).

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Djokovic at the very bottom. :facepalm: A clear provocation from a known hater.
You realise they are poll options, right? (now you mention it though, in terms of talent that's roughly how I'd rank them too :devil: )

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Can't see any of the top 4 being upset here, but Murray is the only one which I think has 0% chance of being upset.

Not sure which of the other 3 has most upset potential actually. Probably Wawrinka-Gasquet. If I rate all 80/20 though, statistical chances of an upset would actually be pretty big (though statistics isn't really a fitting way to look at this, imo).

·
Super Moderator
8,845 Posts
I still have Federer as favourite to win the whole thing. Djokovic won't be able to recover from external factors.
External factors aka Marin Cilic resp. Stan Wawrinka resp. Richard Gasquet.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Djokovic-Gasquet
Murray-Simon

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Hard to see any upsets here.

If this was last year, I would give Gasquet a 50% chance.

Wawrinka seems to have entrenched himself into the big league now.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Stan is the only one who I could see losing tbh. Cilic is a renowned choker and Federer will lure Simon into the net with short slices. Pospisil can only win if Murray gets injured and retires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts