Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ESPN is trying to determine the "Ultimate Sports Star" considering on and off- field success of a sports star based on fans' votes. There's no doubt that Roger Federer is one of the most dominating player tennis has ever seen, but there is a chance that he might lose in the first round against NBA's Tony Parker, since most of the voters are Americans.

LaDainian Tomlinson def. (7) David Beckham (50.8% - 49.2)
(3) Kobe Bryant def. (6) Ronaldinho (60.8% - 39.2%)

These two results definitely show how this competition is flawed and show the American's preference over American stars. (btw, i'm an american but i think ronaldinho is a better sports star than kobe bryant)
So, vote for Roger Federer on 7/15!! and be sure to continue voting for him if he gets through the first round!!

here's the link to the competiton:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whosnow&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
Sorry to say dude, but Federer will not be winning against Parker. The stupid guys that are the "experts" will say that tennis isnt as big in America, and Tony has Eva Longoria to push his "now" status. :rolleyes:

Whatever

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Dinho seeded 6th?
THAT SAYS IT ALL!!! :fiery:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
dont even waste your time, Roger can win 79% of fan vote and still lose, the 3 "experts" count as 10% each and 70% of fan vote
example: fan vote 79% vote for Roge and 21 for Parker +30% from experts for Parker, Parker wins 51-49

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some messed up math here. You can't just take away 30% from one side and add 30% to the other if the "experts" get 30% of the final score. If Fed wins 79% of the fan vote he would get 0.79X0.7(as it is 70%)X100 which is 55.3% off the top of my head. If he loses all three "experts" to get 50% he would need 5/7 th of the fan vote so 71.5% of the fan vote would do it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
dont even waste your time, Roger can win 79% of fan vote and still lose, the 3 "experts" count as 10% each and 70% of fan vote
example: fan vote 79% vote for Roge and 21 for Parker +30% from experts for Parker, Parker wins 51-49
It sounds like they are trying to orchestrate a fan vote that Roger can't win then. He's been winning ESPY awards and ATP awards based on fan voting and Americans have been voting for Roger for the last 4 years.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Even as the Spurs may not be the most popular of teams, Tony Parker would be better known to most Americans compared to Roger simply because basketball trumps tennis there -- proof: Nash whupped Serena (and she's American while he's Canadian). Plus, there's nothing like the off-field buzz of snagging La Longoria.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
:lol:

federer owns three straight lareus...compare the decision makers of the espy's and the laureus awards....roflmao!!!

Wilbon Vs. Tomba, Jordan et al.
:haha:

i couldnt care less about the espy's. Its another example of egocentrism.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
3/4 of the sportsmen on this poll arent worthy of being in the same sentence as federer.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
3/4 of the sportsmen on this poll arent worthy of being in the same sentence as federer.
A big amen to that!

I just voted and I shouldn't have listened to that stupid video.:( :(

How could any 3 sports people be so damn stupid!??!

So, go and vote and do yourself a favor~~don't listen to the video. It will make you boiling mad. :mad:

What a joke! :eek: :eek:
luna

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That video espn put up was complete BS.
The 3 "judges" don't even talk about federer's dominance, but instead talk about how "hot" and "now" eva longoria is. Oh, and they give federer some pity points for hanging out with tiger woods! wft is that?! Like I said before, this "competition" is complete bul1sh1t. I'd absolutely luv to see federer win without the votes from those three stupid judges...

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
As expected, the three dumasses said that Parker wins because he has Longoria. No doubt it would be different if Federer was American. Moving on....:zzz:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts