Mens Tennis Forums banner

1321 - 1327 of 1327 Posts

·
The special one
13,836 Posts
I've got a 1200 day plan to save up $40k by March 2023 and travel the futures and hopefully challengers in 23 and 24. If I don't make it to a level I can sustain like top 400-500, probably retire and coach/put myself out to stud some children.

As for the micro 2020 vision, just improve the game, play some challenge matches here and there and get some more wins over college guys. Get the confidence and game higher so that when 2023 rolls around and I finally have the money, we also have the level to make it happen

But it is a $100,000 risk. If I retire tomorrow and just work I will have $100k more saved up by age 45 than if I gamble on a pro career that does not pan out.

Unless of course I use my tennis resume, career high 800-900 ATP or something if I get there, to leverage a job where I make more than I do now. However those jobs are almost all seasonal and in cold ass climates. I'd rather stay in South Florida and coach serious players even if I make less money overall.

Real goal is to have some sort of video recording deal with ITF/ATP where I personally set up cameras at all futures events to bring more television to the lower levels of the game

So that is my vision next 5-10-15 years
What happened to the 1200 day plan. That was just a month ago. I just hope it's not a woman breaking your heart that's made you come to this decision.

·
Your visions will happen
46,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,323
What happened to the 1200 day plan. That was just a month ago. I just hope it's not a woman breaking your heart that's made you come to this decision.
lol no there is no girl

The 1200 day plan was itself a 100k and 5 year gamble that will leave me most likely older and poorer and more injured than I already am. I retired with my body and mind still in tact and still young enough to have many more careers in other fields. I have many goals in life. I have many mountains to climb. Tennis was taking everything from me and not allowing me to pursue other things. Maybe you can say a woman named Tennis broke my heart, you can say that, yes.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
lol no there is no girl

The 1200 day plan was itself a 100k and 5 year gamble that will leave me most likely older and poorer and more injured than I already am. I retired with my body and mind still in tact and still young enough to have many more careers in other fields. I have many goals in life. I have many mountains to climb. Tennis was taking everything from me and not allowing me to pursue other things. Maybe you can say a woman named Tennis broke my heart, you can say that, yes.
Oh that is so sad! Of course, it would take the great Johnny Groove to word it like that! I could never get used to that guy named "Morgan" anyway ;)

·
Your visions will happen
46,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,325
Oh that is so sad! Of course, it would take the great Johnny Groove to word it like that! I could never get used to that guy named "Morgan" anyway ;)
lol ha

It is what is

Today my first day of retirement I hit the gym for 3 hours. But I did the exercises I wanted to do, not the ones required by tennis

·
The special one
13,836 Posts
lol no there is no girl

Hopefully despite breaking your heart you still love it. Look at Hewitt, playing doubles as we speak and is just as competitive as he's ever been, despite having the career he's had.

·
Your visions will happen
46,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,327
Hopefully despite breaking your heart you still love it. Look at Hewitt, playing doubles as we speak and is just as competitive as he's ever been, despite having the career he's had.
Can't say I love the game anymore. Like, sure. Not love

1321 - 1327 of 1327 Posts