Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kristof def. former Gstaad Champion after 2hours20mins thriller.
Gaston broke back at 3-5* in 3rd set, but then got broken to 15 while serving to stay in the match.

keep fighting, El Gato, hope you can do well in next tournaments! :hug:

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
gaston :bigcry:

why did you break at 5-3 and gave us hope just to get broken in the next game :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i would say he should finally hire a real coach to get his mind clear. get someone like gilbert, lundgren or cahill to assist him and sooner or later he'll head back to the top 10, i'm sure. he's a high potential if he sorts out his mind problems.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
It was a tough one for sure, with the mental battle with the conditions and losing momentum after gaining the 2nd set, but it's always like this in Gstaad and it has to be dealt with.

There were some good signs there, he put in a good effort and had quite a lot of chances, but the lack of matches counted against him, like it did with Hewitt at RG, if you don't win, then no matches, so there is the problem.

Good to that he broke Vliegen while serving for the match, but wasn't mentally strong enough and didn't serve well enough to take it to 5-5. Not the best result, but no so bad overall.

·
124,507 Posts
i would say he should finally hire a real coach to get his mind clear. get someone like gilbert, lundgren or cahill to assist him and sooner or later he'll head back to the top 10, i'm sure. he's a high potential if he sorts out his mind problems.
Overreacting again I see. That coach thing is never going to happen, Lundgren would be the only one that would be a good fit for Gaudio's personality.

He won't be back in the top 10 and that really isn't important, if he plays well enough and starts to win matches, then the ranking will look after itself.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
@ georgewhitler

i gotta ask: where do you watch all these matches? seems like you watched the robredo match AND the gaudio match. now, they were clearly at the same time, or am i wrong about this?

plus: what station broadcasts gstaad as well as bastad? you know, where i'm from, they don't even show highlights of ANY of those tournaments...

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Overreacting again I see. That coach thing is never going to happen, Lundgren would be the only one that would be a good fit for Gaudio's personality.

He won't be back in the top 10 and that really isn't important, if he plays well enough and starts to win matches, then the ranking will look after itself.
And even if the ranking doesn't improve much, I mean, I'm really not concerned about that at this point ..
as long as Tennis is not a painful thing for him, I think it's all worthy. the day he gets to enjoy himself out there, fell confortable on court again, then it's all good. And the rest will come naturally.

·
124,507 Posts
@ georgewhitler

i gotta ask: where do you watch all these matches? seems like you watched the robredo match AND the gaudio match. now, they were clearly at the same time, or am i wrong about this?

plus: what station broadcasts gstaad as well as bastad? you know, where i'm from, they don't even show highlights of ANY of those tournaments...
Well there are livestreams available and usually in the tournament threads or on GM there is the information thread about which event is shown and where during the week.

As for the overreaction comment, it's a very common thing here on GM, especially when it comes to Gaudio and his particular problems at the moment.

·
124,507 Posts
And even if the ranking doesn't improve much, I mean, I'm really not concerned about that at this point ..
as long as Tennis is not a painful thing for him, I think it's all worthy. the day he gets to enjoy himself out there, fell confortable on court again, then it's all good. And the rest will come naturally.
Well, he has to enjoy what he is doing or just not suffer as much as he has done in the past. For all the shit people give him, he is worse on himself, but most people don't see this.

Of course, it will be interesting as to whether he drops down to the challengers after the US Open, it will be good for him and the Copa Petrobras series are as good as any.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Well, he has to enjoy what he is doing or just not suffer as much as he has done in the past. For all the shit people give him, he is worse on himself, but most people don't see this.

Of course, it will be interesting as to whether he drops down to the challengers after the US Open, it will be good for him and the Copa Petrobras series are as good as any.
people will always talk and write crap about him, I know that and you most certainly know that too. it's all part of the game, and you just have to learn how to roll with it.

if he has to play challengers after the US Open, it's not much of a big deal now is it? as long as he gets to play and enjoy it. All I want is for him to feel good physically and psychologically.

·
124,507 Posts
people will always talk and write crap about him, I know that and you most certainly know that too. it's all part of the game, and you just have to learn how to roll with it.

if he has to play challengers after the US Open, it's not much of a big deal now is it? as long as he gets to play and enjoy it. All I want is for him to feel good physically and psychologically.
If he is serious about his tennis, then he will play the Latin American challengers, he can stay for a period of time in the continent where it isn't too far to travel for once.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Gatone :help:

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
poor Gaston...as much as I don't like him, seeing him struggle so much makes me sad. :sad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts