Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since WW2 we did not have such a break / interruption from tennis and since the Open Era we did not have such a major blockade of tournaments so far. Let us pray for the majors to be held.

If everything is gonna be shut down we might never see the BIG THREE ever again or not in the way we used to see them.

Is this the very beginning of the NEW ERA after OPEN ERA's beginning (1968-2020) and the beginning of the ATP (1973-2020) ?

Practically everyone could jump right on to the top after winning the first important major after the rebirth of the tour post-Corona-peak. And who knows what kind of biological dystopia is still waiting for us.

·
justice for all
16,249 Posts
Yeah, not the way I wanted it happen but the changing of the guard may come right after the break.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Yeah, not the way I wanted it happen but the changing of the guard may come right after the break.
If anything recent history taught us , is that this break may very well be all what the big3 needed to resume stronger domination even more time . Pushed by history at stake they could go all the way to 2025 . This hurts the ascending players too those who doesnt know to come back. The 3 did it a thousand times

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
There are like 3 trillion more important things to worry about after this corona crisis, I reckon tho we have to pass the time with these hypothetical Ifs

To be honest I'm realising how much I'm already missing tennis and the world before Corona. Dark times are ahead for all of us and we won't be the same again. As for now we don't have to give in tho and set hopes in the future

I hope that this new tennis era will be alright again and wonder who will succeed. I bet Big3 will have their last hurrah with each of them winning at least one Slam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts