Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Snowwy just wondering you make evolve the ranking per surface as well?

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Thanks for posting the surface rankings as well.
The clay rankings look for some players a little bit odd to me, e.g. for my team Bublik being much better than Pella. Evans looks also far too good.
What is your source?
I thought you used tennisabstract, which was the case for Totals, but apparently not for clay.
Pella has 1775.5, Bublik only 1311.4 and Evans only 1495.3 there.

·
9,511 Posts
Whats determining who is winning between us 8?

·
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The clay rankings look for some players a little bit odd to me, e.g. for my team Bublik being much better than Pella. Evans looks also far too good.
What is your source?
I thought you used tennisabstract, which was the case for Totals, but apparently not for clay.
The surface rankings may not be right. From the sounds of it. I will check later today.

I’m trying to automate the whole spreadsheet, so my quick guess is that I didn’t move the clay and grass rankings correctly with the players when they moved in the rankings. That was one of the Things I had to add yesterday for other parts of the ranking.Thanks for noticing. Will check later today and it will match tennis abstract.

Edit: there is something clearly wrong with surface rankings. Look at Pospisil’s clay ranking haha.

·
9,511 Posts
Makes sense mate

·
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is your source?
With you noticing before any clay events, this was an extremely easy fix. Thanks so much. 🙏

·
Registered
10,962 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
@Snowwy have doubt on ranking after Houston/marrakech

Pospisil had on clay 1563 before - after 1833 and lost R1? Is it logical??

·
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Snowwy have doubt on ranking after Houston/marrakech

Pospisil had on clay 1563 before - after 1833 and lost R1? Is it logical??
Correct. Surface rankings with same problem that PortlandTimbers mentioned last week. Its a small change Ill do in the morning, I forgot to add it to the procedure after last week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts