Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reportedly at least 20 Indian army personnel and 43 Chinese troops were killed in "hand-to-hand fighting" in Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh where a long standing border dispute between the two countries takes place. India said the violent face-off was the result of an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo in the region. China meanwhile blamed India, saying Indian troops crossed the border twice illegally and launched "provocative attacks".

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
I don't know that much about this dispute, so I have no idea who is in the wrong. I read about it this morning and found the whole thing strange. Both countries would do well to calm things down. As both have nukes, I expect cooler heads to prevail.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I don't know that much about this dispute, so I have no idea who is in the wrong. I read about it this morning and found the whole thing strange. Both countries would do well to calm things down. As both have nukes, I expect cooler heads to prevail.
Most probably it was China's fault, they want to swallow everything they can around. Highly agressive expansionist policy by the totalitarian regime.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Most probably it was China's fault, they want to swallow everything they can around. Highly agressive expansionist policy by the totalitarian regime.
As a rising power, China will of course try to show its might, but India is also a rising power. Again, I'm not well informed on this topic, so someone who knows might be able to shed more light on the matter. The Kashmir dispute is one most are familiar with.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
As a rising power, China will of course try to show its might, but India is also a rising power. Again, I'm not well informed on this topic, so someone who knows might be able to shed more light on the matter. The Kashmir dispute is one most are familiar with.
But India isn't an expansionist power while China clearly is.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Eventually about 600 men were fighting with stones, iron rods and other makeshift weapons in near-total darkness for up to six hours, Indian government sources said, with most deaths on both sides occurring from soldiers falling or being knocked from mountain terrain."

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
It's funny you think there's a right or wrong when it comes to territory disputes. How exactly do you think borders worldwide have been established? It's a matter of power and control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts