Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad there are guys like Nick and Kokk on tour. A tour full of likable players is boring. Villains are needed. They bring more drama and excitement.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I'm glad there are guys like Nick and Kokk on tour. A tour full of likable players is boring. Villains are needed. They bring more drama and excitement.
:rolleyes:

How is Kokk a villain?!

He's been officially anointed as the good boy of Oz tennis by Pat Rafter and co.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Agreed, we needed someone to replace The Knee and they came at the right time.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I just hope they act like themselves, don't care whether they're villains or heroes. It's refreshing to see a guy be himself & natural. Especially sportsmen I think are easily influenced by PR. Take a look at CM Punk, pretty cool guy to listen to.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lol at calling Kokk a villain. He is cornering the boy next door market.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I dont like kokk at all. But calling him a villain? I dont know what makes you think, in fact hes probably the opposite.

And yes the game does need villains. Its a massive boost to tennis popularity. Tennis needs controversy to grow.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
OP alluding on Djokovic. But he is wrong. Nole isn't a villain, he is combination of hypocrite and spoiled brat who desperately wants to be loved

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
These are not villains! These are more like a bunch of insecure little boys. Real villains were like Connors, McEnroe or Ivanisevic. But they:

A: Were able to back it up with some actual results, and
B: Acted like jerks but rarely towards ball boys or spectators.

Huge difference.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I do agree, and the whole ATP for that matter probably thinks the same. Tennis today, basically since way back, has become more and more like any other sport about entertainment and excitement, and less about "the purity of sport" - whatever the fuck that means anyways. Sport needs good guys, bad guys, the comedy relief, basically the entire cast of a Hollywood blockbuster. And people sweating it out in arenas, fighting each other has always been closer to gladiators than prissy bored English afternoon tea with Lords and Counts that have nothing better to do. Modern sport is a substitute for wars. Everything out of that domain is a hobby.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
OP alluding on Djokovic. But he is wrong. Nole isn't a villain, he is combination of hypocrite and spoiled brat who desperately wants to be loved
Not a whisper of djokovic in "nolerules" OP. Only current villains are the Don from Dunblane and his British linemob and possibly Federer, but he hides it so well no one can tell. Kneedull's days of terrorising the courts are over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts