Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Viktor-Troicki-The-ITF-Tried-to-Destroy-Me-and-My-Career-articolo19243.html

"I feel a lot of pressure that's for sure" said Troicki, "but I am also aware of the fact that this is my first tournament since a year. I don't really know how I am going to be able to face the top players that you usually find at the final stages of a tournament. I know that I will need more matches under my belt to do that and that it will take time to find back my best tennis".

"It's not easy to start again from scratch. Now I play with a protected ranking (No.847), but I know I can go back to the top. I have already been on top of men's tennis, fighting against the best. I know I can do that again" said Viktor.

"I will always bring with me that bitter feeling related to what happened, to the ban, but the ITF is trying to destroy me. I will never forget how I have been brutally attacked on court and how they tried to destroy my career. My goal now is to show them they haven't succeeded in their purpose".

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Re: Viktor Triocki : "The ITF tried to destroy me and my career"

Yeap, you came waaaaaay too close to the best players

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

Will this freaking cheater ever shut it up?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

This once anonymous tennis pro is now fuelled by revenge. The top guys better watch their backs.

Every professional tennis player needs a fire in their belly and a purpose to be successful. Troicki now has both and has decided to take down the corrupt ITF with his Tennis expertise and passion for the game. We're all with you man. Be Viktorious.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

I like Troicki and believe he made an honest mistake but he and his supporters, including Djokovic need to stop blaming others for this. Troicki may be a victim but only of his own stupidity. He deserved to be banned and he needs to accept that and move on.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Who attacked him on court? I'm very sad to hear that happened. I hope he wasn't severely injured.:( Maybe MTF can come together for once and send him a card, wishing him the best and a speedy recovery.

Also, how did the ITF try to destroy him? I understand in what sense he means `destroy his career' (from his point of view). Was it the ITF who physically attacked him?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

I like Troicki and believe he made an honest mistake but he and his supporters, including Djokovic need to stop blaming others for this. Troicki may be a victim but only of his own stupidity. He deserved to be banned and he needs to accept that and move on.
Lol.:p

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts

Troicki has only himself to blame, however, they did come pretty hard after him, for example he was banned from Davis Cup and any other matches, even as an ordinary spectator sitting in the crowd, the security at the door had his picture to keep him from entering the arena, like he was a terrorist or something. While others can get away with 'dog ate my homework' excuse. That of course doesn't make him any less guilty, but it's no wonder he's pissed.

·
Registered
785 Posts

Troicki has only himself to blame, however, they did come pretty hard after him, for example he was banned from Davis Cup and any other matches, even as an ordinary spectator sitting in the crowd, the security at the door had his picture to keep him from entering the arena, like he was a terrorist or something.
The same thing happened to Guillermo Cañas when he tried to attend the US Open during his ban, i.e. it's in the rules and not a special treatment only Troicki had to suffer.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Troicki is so winning a slam after this

BAMOOS

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

He refused a dope test, after being repeatedly told by all relevant authorities he must take it. Then his coach lies to the tribunal and he smears the doctor involved.

Lucky to get any sort of reduction.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Yeap, you came waaaaaay too close to the best players
You guys call yourselves tennis fans. Remember there are thousands of tennis players not just 100, being a top 30 player qualifies you being on the top. and he did not say he is the best or close to them, but fought against them on court.

He refused a dope test, after being repeatedly told by all relevant authorities he must take it. Then his coach lies to the tribunal and he smears the doctor involved.

Lucky to get any sort of reduction.
clearly don't know the facts. Should he have been punished yes, but the punishment was way too harsh.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

There's only one reason to criticize Troicki and side with the ITF in this situation: that's that everyone else must be squeaky clean.

How's that saying go.. he who hath no sin cast the first stone

·
28,458 Posts

There's only one reason to criticize Troicki and side with the ITF in this situation: that's that everyone else must be squeaky clean.

How's that saying go.. he who hath no sin cast the first stone
That's ridiculous. He was caught and he was suspended. He deserved the punishment, don't make excuses for a doper. He is no different than Wayne Odesnik.

If other players are caught doping, we have to hope the punishment will be the same. The problem is they have to be caught, they can't get suspended because an internet warrior, like yourself, doesn't like them.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

clearly don't know the facts. Should he have been punished yes, but the punishment was way too harsh.
I read both the initial case and the appeal. Which facts are you talking about?

He refused a drugs test, after being told by both the ATP supervisor and the doctor he must take it. He then claimed the doctor gave him permission to do so, which is utterly ludicrous. The only witness backing him up on this was his coach. See the tribunal:

On Troicki: "Mr. Troicki came across to us as someone prone to exaggeration in order to make his point."

On his coach: "We were unimpressed by him as a witness" and "....was prepared to say whatever he felt would be likely to assist his player in avoiding a sanction for an Anti-Doping Rule Violation"

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts

If other players are caught doping, we have to hope the punishment will be the same. The problem is they have to be caught, they can't get suspended because an internet warrior, like yourself, doesn't like them.
Well, Gasquet got caught, and then got away with a laughable excuse; Cilic also got away very lightly, nobody even commented on his silent ban at Wimbledon last year. Dopers should be punished, but the standards don't seems to apply equally in all cases.

I read both the initial case and the appeal. Which facts are you talking about?

He refused a drugs test, after being told by both the ATP supervisor and the doctor he must take it. He then claimed the doctor gave him permission to do so, which is utterly ludicrous. The only witness backing him up on this was his coach. See the tribunal:

On Troicki: "Mr. Troicki came across to us as someone prone to exaggeration in order to make his point."

On his coach: "We were unimpressed by him as a witness" and "....was prepared to say whatever he felt would be likely to assist his player in avoiding a sanction for an Anti-Doping Rule Violation"
See this too then:

Gorodilova denied that claim but when the Court of Arbitration for Sport -- Troicki appealed his original 18-month ban from the ITF -- issued its irrevocable verdict in November, it stated: "The CAS panel considered that the DCO should have informed the player in clearer terms of the risks caused by his refusal to undergo a blood test but that, despite the misunderstanding between the player and the DCO, there was no suggestion that Mr. Troicki intended to evade the detection of a banned substance in his system."

Still CAS ruled that Troicki "did indeed commit an anti-doping violation" and his sanction stood, though was reduced by six months.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts

We're with you, Viktor, vamos

1 - 20 of 85 Posts