1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Jo-DelPo what could be better ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Watched the third set. Yes, was a good contest. Both players were strong on serve. Kevin seemed to be stronger early on but Juan hit some blstering winners to go from 2-2 0-15 to 3-2 and that seemed to wake him up. Kevin hit too much to the del Potro forehand, I thought. Result will be a disappointment for Kevin. Del Potro fist-pumped and yelled at the end, clearly relieved, which probably means he thought he'd been thoroughly tested as well.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now if only he could start playing better in more bigger tournaments and not just the 250's

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Tomorrow will be his 13th ATP final. Time to go 10 for 13 which is best among active GS winners
I'm not sure why you are relaying that stat like it means something. He's probably also the number 1 6'6" player in the world as well! And the tallest person from Tandil!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Because unlike his height and birthplace finals record is the most relevant. It shows that he is not a brainless ballbasher. They almost always choke in finals. Del Potro hs won almost all his finals including the one that matters the most.

He's on track to have a Muster-like career if he keeps this up

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm only obsessed with the finals winning percentage because of the slam. It validates my obsession
. Without it there'sw no obsession over the finals win pct.
And why can't he have a Muster like career?

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Finally Delpo

Now win a title !

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Win it all juan

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Because unlike his height and birthplace finals record is the most relevant. It shows that he is not a brainless ballbasher. They almost always choke in finals. Del Potro hs won almost all his finals including the one that matters the most.

He's on track to have a Muster-like career if he keeps this up
I'd think people with simpler, more one dimensional games would have less to think about on court and less chance to choke. Regardless, I like Del Potro, but wtf does his finals winning percentage among active GS winners- but not in Slams, just in general mean? Federer probably has the most unreturned second serves on break points in 500 tournaments on Tuesdays as well. Hurray?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I mean this is good news for Juan but in reality it's not a very good tournament nor has he been facing the BEST competition, a 250 event is not exactly something to write home about after you've won a GS

·
Registered
224 Posts
If his biggest focus is the DC final then he's done enough this fall. He wants to keep his ranking too low for WTF but high enough to stay confident so no 500's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts