Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pretty interesting match though mixed quality. First set was all on serve, neither had break chances. TB though was all Kei as Tiafoe missed too many first serves and got bullied. Kei's serving performance was good until late in the 2nd from *5-4 dropped off a bit while Tiafoe was very aggressive and was rewarded, taking the set 7-5. Kei let lose after holding for 1-1 in the second and really felt energy on return and his shots found the right targets to reconfigure a win after that second set blip.

Tiafoe's serve and FH can be really difficult to handle sometimes, credit to him for making this a contest.

Next match is Khachanov I think, so Kei can't afford to slip up, the guy's been on fire of late. Kei's FH has definitely been on the upside control wise, it won him the match I would say and is pleasing to see though he still sometimes has trouble with deep balls but isn't shanking them by the mile at least, and seems to be able to generate good pace when redirecting shots.

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Overall Kei played decently except his last two serve games in the second set, Tiafoe did some amazing shots and played well too. A quality match.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Tiebreakori almost gave MWW a heart attack. :p
7-6 5-4, serving for the match and losing 3 or 4 games in a row.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Ah Tiafoe. Once a player steals your tennis heart matches become So much more interesting. I foresee many mixed emotions with my favorite next gen player. Hoped he would get this scalp but it was not to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts