Mens Tennis Forums banner

Verdasco vs Djokovic, who will make the R16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is the battle of the youngsters and the stars of the "great" Group B, for those who don't know it's the potential youngsters thread on GM.

Will the highly talented, but the hopelessly erratic Verdasco come out to play and blast Djokovic off court, or will the younger man with the more even temperament prevail in this match.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
I think Djoko will make it through this one, Nando has an amazing serve and FH but he is so inconsistent and sometimes doesnt seem to think in a match. This is where Djoko will have the edge, I believe. Djoko should be able to get quite a few returns in and make Nando hit extra shots, and with his deep groundstrokes he might frustrate the hell out of Nando which I believe might lead to his downfall.

So I pick Djokovic in 4 tight sets

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
it's too complicated to tell. let's just see what happens

·
Registered
985 Posts
go on verdasco- all the way, in 4 sets, only becasue i have respect for djoko, and i think he may trouble him.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
You're a winner anyway in this match.
Sure, bc now that JCF and LaLo are gone, I´ll likely catch this match on Spanish TV :yeah:

PD: I will also have to put money on this match bc I don´t understand Nole´s high odds in match which is a 50/50. Anyway I couldn´t care less about who wins, let the better player win that day.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Federer_Express said:
Verdasco in 3 easy sets.

A little bitter towards Nole, aren´t we? :lol:

Seriously, "easy" doesn´t go with Verdasco´s style, anything but a very close match would be a surprise for me.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deivid23 said:
Sure, bc now that JCF and LaLo are gone, I´ll likely catch this match on Spanish TV :yeah:

PD: I will also have to put money on this match bc I don´t understand Nole´s high odds in match which is a 50/50. Anyway I couldn´t care less about who wins, let the better player win that day.
Spanish TV doesn't like Verdasco much? Good luck with that, it will be an interesting day as it's all the animals playing on this day.

You know the weasel, the Toad, the Beast and the Shark, but this is a big chance for both of them and if there are good odds to be had, these have to be taken.

I am just hopeful that I can see it.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Spanish TV doesn't like Verdasco much? Good luck with that, it will be an interesting day as it's all the animals playing on this day.

You know the weasel, the Toad, the Beast and the Shark, but this is a big chance for both of them and if there are good odds to be had, these have to be taken.

I am just hopeful that I can see it.
In fact, it´s the opposite thing since DC tie against Slovakia. Verdasco receives 0 hype here (in fact I had to read very very stupid comments from several "tennis experts" those days :eek: ), it all goes to Nadal mainly and JCF/LaLo. I´m 100% sure I´d have to watch any of these two ahead Fernando if matches were at the same time.

Yes, Both Nieminen/Mirnyi will be tough rivals for any of them, but they can beat them. If they do, we will have a highly entertaining match against Mr. Come On.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deivid23 said:
In fact, it´s the opposite thing since DC tie against Slovakia. Verdasco receives 0 hype here (in fact I had to read very very stupid comments from several "tennis experts" those days :eek: ), it all goes to Nadal mainly and JCF/LaLo. I´m 100% sure I´d have to watch any of these two ahead Fernando if matches were at the same time.

Yes, Both Nieminen/Mirnyi will be tough rivals for any of them, but they can beat them. If they do, we will have a highly entertaining match against Mr. Come On.
Well Verdasco has that effect and he is like Berdych in some ways, like I said before about the Berdman applies to Verdasco. When in the mood, he can play some top tennis, but there are days he couldn't hit an elephant's arse with a guitar from 10cm away. I want the good one to turn up and not the other one.

I am not sure which player out of Nieminen/Mirnyi would be tougher, I suppose it depends on which one gets through.

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
I hope Djokovic wins this match :yeah:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I go with Djoko in 4, mainly because of his mental strenght - I think Verdasco will choke the big points

1 - 20 of 214 Posts