Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that surprising, Edmund qualified winning 3 matches. Also bedene has some issue with his wrists, so I don't think hes 100% healthy.

Last year they played aswell and bedene only just won in a 3rd set tiebreak.
Edmund didn't play anyone near Bedene's level in qualys, heck, he didn't play anyone at his level either.

Doubt you can really go on 1 match.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Edmund didn't play anyone near Bedene's level in qualys, heck, he didn't play anyone at his level either.

Doubt you can really go on 1 match.
Yeah that's true, but its always good for a player to qualify as they are very comfortable with the conditions. Winning 3 matches in straight sets always helps.

My point is when they both play well I think their level is similar, that's why im not surprised Edmund won.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not that surprising, Edmund qualified winning 3 matches. Also bedene has some issue with his wrists, so I don't think hes 100% healthy.

Last year they played aswell and bedene only just won in a 3rd set tiebreak.
Bedene's wrist was ok these last months/weeks, I don't think it was suddenly a concern :confused:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Good to see Kyle comfortable at challenger level. Needless to say, it's important for his development. Hopefully he keeps playing challengers for the rest of the season. Too good for futures at this point.

Queens/Wimbly could be good for him as well..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not surprised with this win. Watched Kyle play against Berrer some weeks ago and he impressed me, good serve and solid from the baseline. He could enter top 150 easily this year if he keeps playing like this, and my guess is in 3 years he will be Britain's top claycourter.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Morgan retiring, Seppi losing in a 3rd set tiebreak, Aljaž losing to some mug...just a horrible day for me today :bigcry: :sadface:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
aljaz :tape:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Morgan retiring, Seppi losing in a 3rd set tiebreak, Aljaž losing to some mug...just a horrible day for me today :bigcry: :sadface:
No shame is losing to Britain future first RG champion since Sue BBC Barker

Not surprised with this win. Watched Kyle play against Berrer some weeks ago and he impressed me, good serve and solid from the baseline. He could enter top 150 easily this year if he keeps playing like this, and my guess is in 3 years he will be Britain's top claycourter.
he already is :eek:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Aljaz Bedene
29 mins ·

Didn't want to retire my match today against Edmund (GBR)...I have to cancel my next tournaments and probably Roland Garros as well. I am far from enjoying playing with so much pain. I don't care when I will be ready but this season has been a disaster with having pain on almost every tournament.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Aljaz Bedene
29 mins ·

Didn't want to retire my match today against Edmund (GBR)...I have to cancel my next tournaments and probably Roland Garros as well. I am far from enjoying playing with so much pain. I don't care when I will be ready but this season has been a disaster with having pain on almost every tournament.
OMG :sadface: I didn't know it's that bad.

At least PHM won easily;)
YES! :D What a legend.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Aljaz Bedene
29 mins ·

Poor aljaz , so many injury in this season he can't complete at good level

1 - 20 of 26 Posts