Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=5661350#post5661350

cheating done by the guy who runs it

he started a Stepanek vs Cilic vBEtting 1 day later after the match started, the match started monday and the :rain: started towards the end of the first set, as you can see by the date of the thread was started the next day, he placed a bet on Stepanek and closed the betting :confused:

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Did you already tell belco somewhere different than this thread that he should have abondoned the event and refunded his own stake? I don't think he needs the 300 v$ that badly to "cheat" here. I guess all he did was clicking a wrong box in in the vbetting centre :) and he never came back to the original thread or he closed the event and did not remember he himself betted on it already ;)

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
how was it cheating :confused: I opened it many many hours before play started :confused: with current market prices.. we even did that during wimbledon :shrug: i told u that yesterday :rolleyes:

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
anyway i missed adding the vbetting thread because of the rain delays with cilic 1st round match.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
the bet sounds legal to me if:
1) the posted odds were the correct odds for the match at 4-4 before its continuation
2) the event was closed before the match continued

well it was open for about 35 min and i think its not right to open threads after play started, even if its 4-4, you can pick up on how they're playing
the red part of the sentence is debatable whether 35 min is long enough for more people to discover the bet and whether interrupted and postponed matches should be offerend for betting at all

the green part is redundant if it was exactly how Belco told us, namely the posted odds represent exactly the odds at 4-4 and not from the beginning of the match.

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
Ok......

Thread was opened 4:51pm my time. The match was scheduled to start at 11am local time which is 8pm my time :D
Therefore the thread was opened for atleast 3 hours. I cant see where u pulled out 35 minutes from. Probably sounds good :rolleyes:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok......

Thread was opened 4:51pm my time. The match was scheduled to start at 11am local time which is 8pm my time :D
Therefore the thread was opened for atleast 3 hours. I cant see where u pulled out 35 minutes from. Probably sounds good :rolleyes:
well the thread was open from 1:51am my time and closed at 4:51am, so when most of the MTF members are sleeping, but the point here is, no betting threads should be open after the match has started.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
belco did not cheat, he used the curret live odds with that match at 4-4 and seeing as the match went over 2 days why not put it up all be it for 3 hours or so, still better than nothing. :shrug:

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
well the thread was open from 1:51am my time and closed at 4:51am, so when most of the MTF members are sleeping, but the point here is, no betting threads should be open after the match has started.
So how can u say that was 35 minutes :confused:

Dont worry :) they wont be opening up during a rain delay (suspended play). However, they will probably be opening up at 5am ur time more often now :) I wont be staying up til 4 5 or 6am to do matches :wavey:

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
belco did not cheat, he used the curret live odds with that match at 4-4 and seeing as the match went over 2 days why not put it up all be it for 3 hours or so, still better than nothing. :shrug:
when matches get played over a few days it makes it so much more harder to be able to open markets.. this odd wasnt out when i normally open the markets for betting. I noticed this match was missing when i was checking all the bets.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how can u say that was 35 minutes :confused:

Dont worry :) they wont be opening up during a rain delay (suspended play). However, they will probably be opening up at 5am ur time more often now :) I wont be staying up til 4 5 or 6am to do matches :wavey:
:lol: i looked at it while signed in and not signed in..thats why the time differnce :p
:D

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
I'm sure belco will happily accept your apology..... :D

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
if the odds at 4-4 were proper for that point in the match from a proper betting site, why do you give a crap? Don't answer, I'm asking rhetorically :)

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
On another topic....

belco, can I ask you to try to put matches up earlier? like the night before matches take place? you're putting a lot up at times that people in my time zone are asleep, and then the matches take place before we ever get a chance to bet on them.

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
On another topic....

belco, can I ask you to try to put matches up earlier? like the night before matches take place? you're putting a lot up at times that people in my time zone are asleep, and then the matches take place before we ever get a chance to bet on them.
i try and do them at around 4-5 am my time which would have been about 9 hours ago but there were no decent odds.. Odds dont come out very early and if they do the odds are shite and uz all bitch :cool: :hug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts