Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

33,535 Posts
Vasek has drawn Romboli (#6 seed) in Leon. Romboli hasn't won much since January. Hopefully Vasek can keep it that way.
Romboli is 2-6 at the challenger level on hardcourts.

Completely random, Y. Lu on clay.

ATP: 1 - 6
Challenger: 0 - 1
Futures: 0 - 0

Proof that you don't have to be good on all surfaces to have a decent career.

33,535 Posts
There were way fewer posters, mostly just me, Lee, d_s and valexie03. There were only like 4 or 5 posts a week. No excitement for Bester, he rarely played and when he did, his results weren't great. I was a huge Peter fan so I guess I created some excitement for him and the South American posters loved him, thought he would be really good.

33,535 Posts
I've only been a member here for a little over a year, but I think there's always been a lot of activity on the Canadian Players thread. And lets face it, the nationality with the most posters here on MTF is Canada. I see Canadian flags EVERYWHERE on this forum, even more than American flags.. not that it's a bad thing, I love your country :)
Yeah, its really changed. A few years ago, most Canadians didn't post in here. TMJordan, RagingLamb, and the big group of Serbian Canadians stuck mostly to GM. Now those posters have disappeared somewhat and there are lots of Canadian posters. :)

33,535 Posts
Well.. I wasn't telling you not to overreact. I was just saying don't be too harsh on him. I know it sucks he lost, he really should have won it, so I understand you guys being mad. However, it's not unusual to see this kind of outcome after a rain delay. Experience really pays off, because the youngsters tend to lose focus, which was exactly what happened here.
You're points are dead-on you are completely right.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts