1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
9,510 Posts
Yes! Nice

Reactions: Tuggy

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm thinking of switching to ASICS shoes after Adidas screwed me over on a customer service issue. And I play with a Wilson racket. So I'm giving Vasek a (y) on the basis of his gear. #teamWilson #ASICSTennis

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
well done vashy!! nice fall of the season indeed

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Should’ve been Murray.

Which clown chose this?

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Great news! Keep going Vasek, get back to where you once belonged (to quote that GOAT band that is not my fav band at all, but GOAt nevertheless)

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
A player with 0 ATP titles in his career is a comeback player? Interesting.

Maybe this is the award for the player to comeback to ATP Player Council. Oh wait, there's another player who also came back to ATP Player Council. It's really unfair to that other player. Can they break the award and share?

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
A player with 0 ATP titles in his career is a comeback player? Interesting.

Maybe this is the award for the player to comeback to ATP Player Council. Oh wait, there's another player who also came back to ATP Player Council. It's really unfair to that other player. Can they break the award and share?
He came back and rose 80 places after injuries in a truncated year, and that's within the top 100, which is very dificult to do, and was super competitive in the fall.

It's relative to where he once got to, where he was currently and where he ended up, hence, the "come back" Murray didn't have enough sample size, I would've also thought Milos Raonic as another candidate.

There you go, that's the Gold, Silver and Bronze right there.

So the point is, Pospisil is a very deserving winner. 😎

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
After having inferior results in Cincinnati, USO, and St. Petersburg in 2020 relative to 2019, 0 titles in 2020 up until Paris since 2019 Shanghai, finishing 2020 strongly with 2 big titles (Paris and ATP Finals), and turning around a forgettable result of 0-3(W-L) at 2019 ATP Finals into 5-0 at that event in 2020...................Medvedev would be my pick.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
After having inferior results in Cincinnati, USO, and St. Petersburg in 2020 relative to 2019, 0 titles in 2020 up until Paris since 2019 Shanghai, finishing 2020 strongly with 2 big titles (Paris and ATP Finals), and turning around a forgettable result of 0-3(W-L) at 2019 ATP Finals into 5-0 at that event in 2020...................Medvedev would be my pick.
But that doesn't work... Medvedev never went anywhere to come back from 🤷‍♂️

·
9,510 Posts
Comeback means after time out.
Medvedev coming back from poor form does not count. With this new knowledge, who would you pick?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Comeback means after time out.
Medvedev coming back from poor form does not count. With this new knowledge, who would you pick?
I thought they all had time out due to corona shutdown. I reckon that does not count.

So, the player who won 0 ATP titles in his career came back and won 0 more ATP titles, winning the comeback player of the year award. Fascinating stuff.

If he did not win a title, he did not really come back. Maybe, he did, but it just sounds and looks weird to me.

·
9,510 Posts
I thought they all had time out due to corona shutdown. I reckon that does not count.

So, the player who won 0 ATP titles in his career came back and won 0 more ATP titles, winning the comeback player of the year award. Fascinating stuff.

If he did not win a title, he did not really come back. Maybe, he did, but it just sounds and looks weird to me.
I understand your thoughts....
To comeback, one must be THERE previously. Admittedly i guess nobody returned, from a higher previous rank than Pospisil did.

·
29,282 Posts
Is this an attempt at trolling? In 2019 Medvedev played in the US Open Final. His 2020 was worse than his 2019 (or at best similar).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts