Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
he just lost.

Why would he tank? his section was open.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
How come all my faves except Nadal suck? :eek:

Willy, done, Gaudio, dont even say, Fat Dave, disgraceful, Fena, another disappointment, and now Monfils :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Monfils :retard:

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
what a fucking joke tennis has become lately.
another huge upset.
like there weren't enough yesterday.
now this french clown loses

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
unless he was betting on himself, why tank? Its not like there is a TMS next week.

·
Registered
770 Posts
He did not tank.:rolleyes: He did no such thing. He just played the way he always does. He is a complete and total spaz. He plays great one match, then like crap the next. Actually, it's not even that. He can play great one set, then like crap the next. Hell, I'll take it further. He can play one great game, then one shitty game. You can even extend that to points. Total spaz. No consistency whatsoever. The talent is there, the fitness is there, but his head is just...:retard:

·
Registered
390 Posts
He just threw that match away! He was fine when winning easily, then Vanek comes back and puts a tiny bit of pressure on him and it's suddenly choke city. Apart from a couple of good shots and aces, he was absolutely hopeless in the third set.

So many players are just so frustrating at the moment...don't even get me started on Fena and Fat Dave!!!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
And if tanking, why not do so right from the start of the match? It makes no sense beating someone 6-1 in the first set and then losing the match in three if that was one's plan right from the start... :rolleyes:
So I'm not really buying the tanking story.

There sure ARE a lot of upsets lately - one wonders whether anyone besides the #1, #2, (and perhaps #3) really has the ambition to get a higher ranking at all... :confused:

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
And if tanking, why not do so right from the start of the match? It makes no sense beating someone 6-1 in the first set and then losing the match in three if that was one's plan right from the start... :rolleyes:

There sure ARE a lot of upsets lately - one wonders whether anyone besides the #1, #2, (and perhaps #3) really have the ambition to get a higher ranking at all... :confused:
it seems as if Fed and Nadal and perhaps Nole are the only sure bets for even getting past a round or two :eek:

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Nobody is saying he tanked the whole match, but his effort during a good part of the third set was very questionable. The guy who is coaching him this week didn't seem pleased about his attitude either, they started arguing on the court at the end. He threw games away.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
he tanked at 2-4 in the third. i saw it on tv. even the commentator has said the same. you just have to see his body language in that game.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Why did you edit your post, vamosnadal? It was spot on imo. He choked when he realized things were getting tight, lost his focus, his concentration and then stopped fighting and really trying for a while.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Nobody is saying he tanked the whole match, but his effort during a good part of the third set was very questionable. The guy who is coaching him this week didn't seem pleased about his attitude either, they started arguing on the court at the end. He threw games away.
You are right, it apparently was a few games in the third set. It is a bad attitude though - and here it shows what it can lead up to - losing the match in the end. Mr. Monfils isn't going to be a Big Shot in tennis if he doesn't change this attitude, so much is clear.

·
Banned
253 Posts
he tanked at 2-4 in the third. i saw it on tv. even the commentator has said the same. you just have to see his body language in that game.
I didn't see it, but a tanker usually doesn't change his body language at all. Someone that has had their spirit crushed looks like that. That's not tanking, it's being a gutless bastard.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
yes of course a tanker changes his body language,monfils should ve been so upset and mad at himself by not being able to take this match with all those chances he had , he just did not want to play anymore,no more energy to keep fighting

it happens a lot.
I didn't see it, but a tanker usually doesn't change his body language at all. Someone that has had their spirit crushed looks like that. That's not tanking, it's being a gutless bastard.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts