·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
So he's finally gone?

Hopefully Vajda never leaves Nole again so there won't be any more wasted years of potential domination.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wow it has happened. Nole will win the next 10 GS!

Pepe no more.

·
10,284 Posts
Lol MTF knew about this more than a year ago :lol:

If MTF as a collective could make a few coaching decisions and directly contact some of the top guys, I could gaurantee that the tour, players and the world as a whole would be a better place.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
but Pepe was sitting on Nole's box during one of those clay tournaments few months ago, didnt he?

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts
Why Did he dump fish in the first place? Too much mercury?

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Pepe looks like a snake in the grass

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
When Djokovic asked Vajda to come back in March/April, Vajda took 4 days to decide. He agreed under some conditions. One of those was end of Pepe Imaz which was wanted by Becker too.

„Yes, I wanted him to be gone but it was not my first condition. First condition was to see Novak in person. Second condition was setting up rules and plan for next few months. On our second tournament in Barcelona we already had complete team, we sat down and talk. We told him then that we wouldn't want to see this outisde influence anymore. We wanted him to take tennis as a praxis and not a philosophy. He is a tennis player in the first place and he has to know what is his priority,“ said Vajda. They wanted Novak to focus only on tennis and they needed to get Imaz out.

„I didn't want Novak to be influenced by people who maybe know what is tennis but don't understand the mentality of top sportsman. Tennis can't be based on philosophy. It's a sport of a man against man. If hw wants to be the best, the only way is by training routines, matches and strong mentality. When you see the opponent on the other side, you have to concentrate on getting him out of a good position and where to play the ball, not to think about Buddha. I'm happy we agreed on this and our team is slimmer. We all worked together for that,“.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Second problem of Djokovic was visible at first sight. Serbian was always very slim but after the injury he came back too skinny. It was not just a sensation. One of first tasks of Vajda and physiocoach Gebhard Gritsch was to get him back to his physical top level.

„We made sure he ate enough proteins. Gebhard Gritsch intensively worked on his condition and his muscles came back really fast. Novak is ideal prototype of top sportsman. His has athletic figure built ideally for tennis with great muscle fibers. Still, it had to be worked on. His food is vegetarian but he needed to get some animal proteins inside his body. It can't be done without it. So he changed his food and included fish into his diet. His body got what it needed and now he is compact again. His muscles are perfect and he feels great. Right now, he is doing everything right to be champion again. We hope he will have great US Open,“ wished 53yo Slovakia coach Vajda.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Peace and love don't win you majors. Everyone has been calling for Imaz to leave for over 18 months. Djokovic can give and get all the hugs he wants after he retires. His priorities should be family and tennis. The whole love peace thing can wait. Federer seems to have a nice balance. Nadal it seems is all tennis.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts