Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Wesley @a1canada

I would appreciate if you can check for errors, or if you have any suggestion how I can improve.
I'm gonna tend the ST thread now .. pretty much neglected it today :)

Thanks
I would have thought we’d have score 1 vs 2 , 3 vs 4 etc, from top to bottom on day 2, but does not seem that way?

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I would have thought we’d have score 1 vs 2 , 3 vs 4 etc, from top to bottom on day 2, but does not seem that way?
You mean draw for round 2 ? I made it random ...

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Yes Swiss should be in order , top to bottom
I think the main point of Swiss draw is that Player with same score play each other (1-0 vs 1-0, 2-0 vs 2-0 and so on.) and then the the top half of those with same score (top 9 with 1-0 in our case) plays against someone from the bottom half (worst 9 winners in our case)

This rule is also explained here - How are Players Paired in Most Chess Tournaments?
In a Swiss-system chess tournament, organizers try to give each player a similar number of White and Black games by the end of the event. Organizers rank players in each group according to a rating system where players are separated into a top and bottom half. Players in the top half of each group are then paired with those the bottom half.

Unfortunately, I can't simulate real swiss draws since I can't make the standings on Tournament management to match our standings. As a result the draw generator is putting its own ranking of players with same score and draws top half vs bottom half of the same group. From our point of view the draw is random (which is good I think, since players can't anticipate who is their opponent).

Reactions: a1canada

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think the main point of Swiss draw is that Player with same score play each other (1-0 vs 1-0, 2-0 vs 2-0 and so on.) and then the the top half of those with same score (top 9 with 1-0 in our case) plays against someone from the bottom half (worst 9 winners in our case)

This rule is also explained here - How are Players Paired in Most Chess Tournaments?

Unfortunately, I can't simulate real swiss draws since I can't make the standings on Tournament management to match our standings. As a result the draw generator is putting its own ranking of players with same score and draws top half vs bottom half of the same group. From our point of view the draw is random (which is good I think, since players can't anticipate who is their opponent).
Sounds Good, certainly run it how you prefer !
I see the Monrad version listed, which was the version PetecoKraus used running GS in 2019 which had 1 vs 2 , etc, but I see no problem with the way you have decided ! (y)

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,132 Posts
Hi guys

I just want to note that swiss system with 4 RR/1week events doesn't work well. But the likelyhood is 4 SF will all be 4-0or else three and best 3-1. So if lose first match its kinda pointless. 6 RR with 8 advance is awesome though. I think outside slams and IW/Miami, 2nd chance events are better

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I have suggestion for next year, something that will keep everyone interested till the end of each tournament:

Organizing of Tennis league with following rules:
o Swiss system tournaments for all Slams, Masters and WTF as final tournament
o Each win (UTT win) on each tournament would be counted cumulatively throughout the season. (2-4 score on the first tournament would be much better than 0-6 score in the long run). If someone stops sending, he would pile up loses and would be difficult for him to overcome 0-6 if he wants to qualify for WTF.
o Winning the tournament would provide for example extra 3 points (additional 3 Ws), and extra W for the runner up
o A Player can pass lets say 2 tournaments and he wouldn't get penalty (his score for tournaments he passed would be 0-0
o 7 top players with best winning percentage from the entire season would qualify for WTF. For the 8th spot we could organize a Baseball type of Wildcard playoffs of 4 (or more players if there are few of them with equal wining percentage).
The Wild card would be organized during the ATP 250 between Paris and WTF or during the NextGen ATP finals if there aren't any other tournaments

Obviously, for this we will need improved "software" for the managers .....

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Hey @a1canada .. what is the "punishment" for sending all fav picks ?
Disqualification as if the player didn't send at all ?

What about the opponent ? I guess I just declare him a winner and count his winning picks SRs and ISRs ?

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey @a1canada .. what is the "punishment" for sending all fav picks ?
Disqualification as if the player didn't send at all ?

What about the opponent ? I guess I just declare him a winner and count his winning picks SRs and ISRs ?
Opponent would play Random picks if odd numbers of players, no walkovers in UTT 😜

·
Registered
12,344 Posts

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Opponent would play Random picks if odd numbers of players, no walkovers in UTT 😜
Hmmmm guitarra won his match anyway against all favorites picks.

So I need to match him vs pazo77's picks (the next list of picks after guitarra and supertom is pazo77). Huh .. releived. He wins after Isner won the 1st set on ISR (or SR)

OK . I'll write the announcement. Just let me know if supertom is DQ from playing tomorrow as well ?

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hmmmm guitarra won his match anyway against all favorites picks.

So I need to match him vs pazo77's picks (the next list of picks after guitarra and supertom is pazo77). Huh .. releived. He wins after Isner won the 1st set on ISR (or SR)

OK . I'll write the announcement. Just let me know if supertom is DQ from playing tomorrow as well ?
Sorry slow reply, might as well be from tournament as we talked about, any advance missing a day .

I’m not paying much attention but when you notice it late it’s hard to pair against another player, so likely random would have been easiest and just the picks right after guitarra in your inbox, I don’t even look who they are from 😜

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Is anyone interested in running RG, if Its me it will have to be with a later start daily, getting up at 430 am to do diffs in Rome has been painful, or I'm an idiot as my better half puts it :censored:

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
13,132 Posts
Is anyone interested in running RG, if Its me it will have to be with a later start daily, getting up at 430 am to do diffs in Rome has been painful, or I'm an idiot as my better half puts it :censored:
I agree. Dont do it that way

But

Maybe could try swiss system with no match ups for this one(so no diffs)

Top 16 after 4 days contine
Top 8 after 7 days continue
Then remaining 8 do knockout in week 2 with diffs (later start in week 2 i think)

An idea

·
Super Moderator
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I agree. Dont do it that way

But

Maybe could try swiss system with no match ups for this one(so no diffs)

Top 16 after 4 days contine
Top 8 after 7 days continue
Then remaining 8 do knockout in week 2 with diffs (later start in week 2 i think)

An idea
We might try that 1 day but not at RG, will need a manager from Europe for on time diffs, otherwise me at like 8 am my time or 1 pm local

21 - 38 of 38 Posts